Prestwich Monday night club ride. Monday night. Not prestwich. Ramsbottom.

Home Forum Bike Forum Prestwich Monday night club ride. Monday night. Not prestwich. Ramsbottom.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Prestwich Monday night club ride. Monday night. Not prestwich. Ramsbottom.
  • Premier Icon Bregante
    Subscriber

Hopefully, Subject to the following bits which weren’t performing last week being in working order. …

Front brake
    New rear tyre
    Legs
    Lungs

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

As our spiritual leader Harry the Spider (peace be upon him) is absent, standards are slipping, and I’ve taken over proceedings. Desperate times people. Desperate times.

So in true ‘I can’t be arsed driving anywhere’ fashion, we shall be doing a tour of our local trails in rammy. Everything is dry and fast, so it seemed rude not too. last weeks turbines/cragg quary route was an absolute belter. This week we’ll explore the other side of the valley.

We’re meeting up at the Shoulder of Mutton in Holcombe at 7.30pm. We’ve a selection of cracking routes to choose from. I shall spend the next two days pondering which. In fact I think I’ll go and ride a few, just to help me decide. The sacrifices I make for you lot!

Premier Icon Bregante
    Subscriber

And isn’t this usually a Pub ride? Not sure I’m allowed to go clubbing on a school night.

Just in case, what’s the dress code?

Or

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Dress to impress! As always fella! Work it girlfriend!

hallz

Yes, i will be there and may have 2 others in tow! Might ride over…

MrSparkle

“Everything is dry and fast” Schoolboy error. I thought you would have been familiar with the concept of the ‘kiss of death’ by now… ;0)

I’m in. Bike will be all back together

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Fundamental schoolboy error? Tell me about it! I put a set of Small Block 8’s on the hardtail on Saturday, for said dry dusty trails! The summer is officially over! Sorry! 🙁

hora

I will be in next week.

Aye, ill be there.

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

I will be in next week.

😯

Back at our spiritual home then. I will have a fixed bike and a tan.

Shame I can’t make this one as the Rammy Ride the other week was rather smashing.

Premier Icon simmy
    Subscriber

If the ride is back at Prestwich next week, I may tag along.

I work till 6 so it will be pushing it to get to Rammy, but Prestwich is a lot quicker to get to for me.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

If I try and get down Bucky woods on these tyres in the wet, I will die! No question!

Premier Icon xherbivorex
    Subscriber

i can’t make the next 2 weeks, tomorrow i’ve got a mission to undertake (birthday shopping for the gf), then next week i’ll be in weybridge for some work training course thing…

Premier Icon Bregante
    Subscriber

If I try and get down Bucky woods on these tyres in the wet, I will die! No question!

I’ll bring my camera!

This Bucky woods, is it in Lancs or Greater Manchester? It’s just the paperwork is a pain in the arris 🙂

Binners, I’ve just googled small block 8’s. Yes, you will meet your end on the roots. Remind me to go before you. It was too close when you last came off when I was following.

Subscriber

You want to be in front of him?

jonnyb1972

Has anyone done the jump over the river on the top section of Bucky woods? Came across It a few months ago

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Fair comment there Harry.

Jonnyb… I normally pull a massive tail-whip or a superman seat grab over there. Honest. Here’s a picture taken of me only last week

If you want to have a crack at it later, I’ll bring the camera out

jonnyb1972

Ha I don’t think so :-)a tad beyond me skills I’m afraid..

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Erm….. I’m sure all this thunder, lightning and torrential rain will have cleared up by this evening. Positive! Ahem….

Monday night club 2 by binlidski, on Flickr

BBC weather says no rain after 6/7pm. Whether I believe that or not is another matter.

My Racing Raplhs are twitchy in the dry – so I’m off to purchase some Rocket Rons before I come out tonight.

Good luck Binners, it’s been nice knowing you!

hallz

Not quite so optimistic… forecast

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

It’ll be fine. Its not like we’re going over a load of completely exposed moorland with not a hint of cover, with some suicidally slippy, root and rock strewn descents for good measure.

Oh… hang on a minute….

I think I might change my tyres when I get home

hallz

I’m starting to wonder just how much tyre choice is going to matter!

nick1962

binners reccying earlier

Premier Icon ratherbeintobago
    Subscriber

You do know there’s a sodding great thunderstorm somewhere over Edenfield/Rammy about now?

(he says looking in that direction from the living room window)

It’s only a shower. It’ll be reet.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Looking at the rivers presently running down the road, and the overflowing grids, its going to be a splishy sploshy splashy affair!

I shall be changing my tyres to something that’s actually got some grip, and donning my bestest Speedo’s! 🙂

Subscriber

Character building. Lovely and sunny here.

Have a nice time.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Well … normal service is resumed! it was wet, and muddy, but no rain while we were out. Looks like we got off very, very lightly compared to further into the hills in Tod.

An absolutely belting run again, with the usual suspects! Glad i swapped tyres! 10 miles and 1900 ft of climbing. Cheers all!

Premier Icon Clover
    Subscriber

Er yes, is bailing out the barn a permitted excuse for splitting? That and the road being under water? And the trains stopped? And the world coming to an end?

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Hope alls well with you up there fella. And you’re not having to deal with too much damage. The moors were soggy, but I can’t believe the pictures from just 10 miles up the road. Terrible. We had similar last year. An absolute nightmare!

hallz

We’re meeting up at the Shoulder of Mutton in Holcombe at 7.30pm

Almost immediately i’m spotting the error of my ways!

Was at the SoM at 8 ready for the normal 8.15 ride! doh!!!

Anyway we had a good ride anyway and stopped for a couple at the Strawbury Duck which was good!

Yes it was wet – but it was still fun as always!

Ah gutted, we hung around for a while! See you next week. Think we’re doing Prestwich again?

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

Bloody hell Hallz! Sorry we missed you fella. Glad you had a good run though! Not a bad night for it in the end. Normal service resumed next week.

hallz

sorry chaps. I’m a dipstick.

hallz, I was very nearly with you until I checked the start time at 7pm.

Good ride though, even without much rear brake.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Prestwich Monday night club ride. Monday night. Not prestwich. Ramsbottom.’ is closed to new replies.