Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Preston-ish Rides
  • northernmatt

After the amazingness that was Wolverhampton work have now got me lined up to go to Preston a few times over the coming months.

So I need tips on where to go for a couple of hours ride on an evening. That’s couple of hours for an unfit overweight oaf with the riding skills of a potato by the way so be gentle. Preferably no road, I have MTB and gravel bike so open to options.
    Are the hills above Darwen all open access? Google maps shows shows various paths etc up there and I can get to the carpark in the middle of it all in 15mins.

duncancallum

Darwen rivington etc all good options I was local to rivington till the start of this year.

Also look out for the Monday Night Pub rides.

Rammy and #@binners isn’t too far either

smokey_jo

Longridge is good for a couple of hours – find a tame local to show you round.

MrSparkle

@mick_r to the forum!

mick_r

Still waiting for the glacial house build so not local yet 🙂

northernmatt

Longridge looks interesting, there’s some stuff on Trailforks.

I’ll keep an eye for MNPR. I tend to usually be away at the tail end of the week but I’m sure that could change.

smokey_jo

Stick to the south side of Longridge – the stuff on the north side is a little challenging and requires a big push back up.

richardkennerley

There’s a gentle loop you can do from chipping. Had north out the village over a green lane then bridleway which takes you to harden near dunsop bridge. Then back to chipping via a couple of other short bridleways and short road sections. Not overly exciting but a nice picturesque route.

Edit – if you want to up the stakes you can extend it from hareden to include the dunsop death ride.

northernmatt

dunsop death ride

Well that doesn’t fill me with confidence!

coynie09
    Free Member

If you want to just put some miles in there’s always the Preston Guild 22 miles…..

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Healy Nab still a thing?

duncancallum

Yeah the nabs there. Had a load done to it last year.

BenjiM

PM me when you’re free I’ll show you round the fell one night.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Preston-ish Rides’ is closed to new replies.