Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pressure washers
  • lambchop
    Free Member

Looking to up my Pressure Washer game. I have a small hand me down Karcher which does a job. However we had a big sandstone slab patio laid a couple of years ago which needs jetting at least twice a year. With the baby Karcher it’s a long old job. Have seen a petrol washer in Aldi and I’m quite tempted. Any opinions? Should I stick with a leccy washer maybe a bigger Karcher, K2?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

gold standard for electric is the Kranzle. I have a petrol for portable but the kranzle K7 I have is much much better, not cheap mind.

Tracey

If you are doing large areas like patio then a proper patio scrubber attachment is well worth getting. Makes a hard job very easy.

bikebouy
    Free Member

K4 with the wand scrub attachment..

singletrackmind

another tick for Kranzle
    Built to last for professional use , not jet washing the mud from your wheel arches ttwice a year
    Had Bosch before , that was a good one too
    Karcher rotating patio attatchment thingy is very effective , even if you burn out the motor using it

CraigW
    Free Member

I’ve used a Lidl/Aldi petrol one. It is a faff to get it started, and very noisy. Electric is a lot simpler, and works just as well.

bigyan
    Free Member

Check the duty cycle. Some cheap pressure washers are 10 minutes on, 30 minutes off. Depends what you are using it for, some cheap ones will die very quickly if you use them to clean a drive in one go, but would last for years washing the car on a Sunday.

sharkattack

I just bought the small Halfords own brand this week. £45 with a trade card, 50 without. No fancy attachments or anything.

Today I’ve just blasted a double driveway, side alley and a backyard in one go. Probably hasn’t been done in the 11 years since the house was built. The whole thing was absolutely black with slime and moss. It looks mint now.

Pretty hard going, I was out there for about 4 hours but the little fella didn’t miss a beat. After the workout it got today I’m sure it’ll handle the cars and bikes no problem.

fossy

The cheap ones will do the job, but for how long ?

I have an old Halfords HP 2000 (spendy at the time) that’s been washing the cars for over 10 years. I’ve just found a replacement hose as the other was getting tatty, but spares are hard to find if not a Karcher.

My washer blasts the decking clean no issues. My son has the new Karcher K4 and that’s a good bit of kit. The new Karchers do ‘snow foam’ if that’s your thing…. The local kids love it when my son ‘snow foams’ the car, as they can splosh about in the suds.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pressure washers’ is closed to new replies.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.