Pressure washers?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Pressure washers?
  • wiggles

Hi,

So finally growing up and buying a house with a garden, driveway patios etc to look after. So looking to buy a pressure washer as the garage, driveways and patios all need a good clean.

Obvious choice is karcher, the K4 seems like a sensible option as water cooled motor so better for longer periods of use. However as usual I find myself thinking isn’t the k5 better as it’s more powerful? Obviously not important for washing cars but might make the patios less of a chore.

Karcher have an outlet with refurb ones that are cheap but only 6 month warranty so not sure if it’s a false economy Vs 3/4/5 years on a new model for ~£100 more?

Any advice? Do I just buy the karcher? Are other brands better? Is the warranty worth it?

Budget is up to around £200ish

Then I need to start thinking about lawn mowers, tool chests and a compressor for the garage and then probably flowers for the Mrs when I spent all my time in the garage

Premier Icon simon_g
    Subscriber

I like my k4 from the outlet – you sometimes see really good offers from the DIY sheds on them but if you need it soon then outlet is fine.

Definitely worth it over the air-cooled ones, I killed a k2 using it all afternoon non-stop.

Patio cleaning attachment is worth having too.

Premier Icon colp
    Subscriber

Costco have some smart looking Bosch ones in at the moment with built in hose reels.

Premier Icon simon_g
    Subscriber

K4 premium (inc the patio washer etc) is £199 on amazon today.

alanf

Have a look at nilfisk.

For £200 you’ll get a tip top washer.
    I just got a C120.7 body for £40 and dropped my old lance, hose etc on it.

Nilfisk do an outlet too, have a look there for some bargains

DM52

funnily enough I have just bought one on the amazon deal – was going to post in this thread that it was on but Simon beat me to it.

Rockhopper

I had one of the cheaper Karchers which broke and I replaced with with a Bosch from B&Q which is a better machine in my opinion (longer hose, doesn’t seize up if the water supply gets interrupted, more useful tools supplied etc etc). Helpfully I can’t remember the model numbers of either of them but they were each around £100

Coyote

The Mac Allister pressure washers got rave reviews last year and much cheaper than Karcher. Bought one and been very, very happy with it.

wiggles

Thanks guys had a look and the nilfisk seem decent, so do the Bosch so opens make my choice harder….

The Macalister ones have some really bad reviews for terrible parts availability of something really simple breaks so not so keen on that.

Vader

I always hire a petrol commercial for a once yearly clean. Super powerful, does the job easily and quickly but best of all I give it back at the end and don’t have to store it or maintain it. Job jobbed.

petec

Karcher outlet often does good deals https://www.karcheroutlet.co.uk/

Ours from there has lasted years, but to be fair we only use it once every couple of months

this one does look good though https://www.clasohlson.com/uk/Worx-WG629E.9-Pressure-Washer/41-1290

wiggles

Just noticed karcher have the K4 compact (older model) new for £125 so think that’s my best option. Longer warranty than the refurb ones and I don’t mind buying the accessories as I need them

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.