• This topic has 42 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Press Fit BBs – ok or avoid?
  • hillsplease

Clubber – fair one – could do. On other press fit ‘stuff’ I’ve had the bearing collapse and not seize in that manner, yet! ALways a first time.

jameso

I heard during a factory meeting last week that one big US brand is going back to BSA next year. The tide may turn yet.

D0NK

Like sealed cartridge unit BBs and threadless steerer aheadsets, the change was sold to consumers as an improvement but was all about simplifying manufacture and assembly.

hmm aren’t threadless setups a shedload lighter? Also easier to fit with normal tools, adjust easily on trail if need be and forks are much more interchangeable – if you remember not to cut your forks too short (stem slammers reap what they sow)
    My first few mtbs and road bikes had threaded forks and quill stems, I do not regret them being consigned to history, press fit BBs tho, not for me thanks.
    Personally I think ht2 are a mixed bag, don’t last as long as square taper but are atleast a doddle to fit, give ’em external grease ports and I’d be happy with them.

I heard during a factory meeting last week that one big US brand is going back to BSA next year. The tide may turn yet.

Huzzah!

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Press Fit BBs – ok or avoid?’ is closed to new replies.