Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Press Fit BB recommendations
  • matther01
    Free Member

Sounds like my BB has finally given up the ghost after this morning’s ride.

Any recommendations? Anyone got a new Hope one?

amt27
    Free Member

what size is it?

honourablegeorge

I got a RaceFace off CRC – alu cups, phil wood grease, and I believe the bearings are replacble. Been spot on so far.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=51397

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tomhoward

An adapter that allows you to run HTII BBs.

bumps
    Free Member

Without trying to be glib, I would replace with adaptors and a ‘normal’ BB and if you ever change your frame/bike make sure you never buy another one with a PF BB. They are just a rubbish design for MTBs IMHO. Mine was never right.

mmannerr

>Without trying to be glib, I would replace with adaptors and a ‘normal’ BB
    AFAIK there is no adaptor for Shimano Press fit BB’s (BB92). Even if there would be adapter my Pivot would only fit weightweenie type square tapers as alternative – the bb is not just a hollow tube.

Chris King was supposed to deliver Pressfit BB early this year and there are also Enduroforkseals models available as well. I have no experience with these but handful of Shimano ones, they have 3 year warranty after all…

FuzzyWuzzy

My shimano press-fit has been fine (original one died quickly due to issue with Lapierre’s collecting water in the BB area but once I understood that the replacement has been in there for around 2.5 years now and only just starting to get rough)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Press Fit BB recommendations’ is closed to new replies.