Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Prescription riding glasses .. any one used
  • fatboyslo
    Free Member

Just wondering if any one has used

UK Eyewear for prescription glasses

With my strong prescription I am restricted in choice, I know a lot of folks recommend Optilabs UK but I prefer the idea of inserts so in future I can just buy a new insert if my prescription changes…

Any feedback …. good, bad or indifferant welcome

bagpuss
    Free Member

I used RxSport recently, Rx Sport Cycling Glasses, the advice given on the phone was spot on. Ended up with some Rudy Project Rydons with inserts. Very pleased with them.

Have used Optilabs in the past with no problems, just didn’t fancy any of their current offerings and wanted photochromic / adaptalight lenses.

leffeboy

just didn’t fancy any of their current offerings and wanted photochromic / adaptalight lenses.

Wish I’d bought photochromic instead of inserts. I always feel a bit of a numpty in the pub afterwards with dark shades on because I forgot to bring my regular specs as well

bagpuss
    Free Member

Well so far I’m impressed with what I’ve got. The grey photochromic lenses I went for have been OK on evening rides and sunny days. They don’t go completely clear but pretty close.

I used to ride with contacts and Spesh adapalights or with some old prescription glasses from Optilabs. The Rydons fog up less than either. And the Rx inserts are easy enough to remove and replace so I can use the same glasses with contacts.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Is that for reading glasses?

enfht
    Free Member

I’ve used Adidas glasses with prescription inserts. Got used to them fairly quickly, main drawback was they were easy to mist in some conditions and looked silly with clear outer lenses 😀 . But with shaded outer lenses and anti-mist spray they were great…..until I discovered disposable contacts and have never used the inserts since

Worth a go though

thehustler
    Free Member

OUt of interest whats your prescription as you’d be surprised what can be glazed by a ‘proper’ opticians usuing high base curve lenses

footflaps

Bagpuss, Optilabs do photochromatic – just got a pair last week from them

globalti
    Free Member

I bought a pair of quite kewl wraparound sunglasses for £12.99 fro TK Max, popped the lenses out and got my neighbour, who is an optician, to glaze them in my far-vision prescription with the cheapest possible plastic lenses. The cost was £50 and I can’t see close up very well but they do a good job of protecting my eyes from wind, dirt and branches. They also remind me of the value of spending around £300 on a pair of varifocals with top quality lenses for normal daily use!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Prescription riding glasses .. any one used’ is closed to new replies.