Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Preppers
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

I’ve usually got about 60 pints kicking about for my beer machines. Should see me through any short term trouble. 😆

Cougar

I drew up the simple format last year

I can’t breathe. That’s amazing!

In seriousness though, how the actual frank did you get the corkscrew AND the blade through the branch? That defies all physics.

Cougar

Oh, wait, is this a perspective issue and it’s behind the branch? (which raises more questions)

thegeneralist
    Free Member

making sure we have a freezer reasonably stoked with food

“Ohhh Nickc, this food you’ve been storing in me is like, totally awesome dude.
    This isn’t just any old muck, this is the absolute shitz.
    WHOOP”

MoreCashThanDash

I think you’ll find that’s the stationery cupboard.

I see what you did there

Cougar

Thank you, one person.

p7eaven
    Free Member

Oh, wait, is this a perspective issue and it’s behind the branch?

Correct. The corkscrew so deployed was (I assumed) an Immler ‘failsafe’ feature in case of unforeseen excessive lateral forces. Good fortune (at least in my reckoning) dictates the likelihood of said corkscrew assuming a more primary function, ie that of a ‘fascinator’ by which to temporarily bewitch the pigeon as the saw does it’s work.

julians
    Free Member

it feels just a bit bonkers I’ll admit, but I also never thought that I’d see shelves emptied twice over in the space of 18 months and petrol shortages and fist fights at garages in my lifetime either.

were you not around in the early 2000’s during the last fuel shortages?

dyna-ti

I think most of the original US preppers who were convinced Armageddon was just around the corner have since grown old and popped their clogs.

Mind you, I keep a couple of packets of powdered Ensure(Strawberry) in the cupboard just in case. Although should nuclear armageddon befall us there won’t be any water supplies to make the mix up with.

Thank you, one person.

Two, I thought it an excellent quip.

CountZero

I love the train video – so kind of the driver to give notice so anyone intending to go over the crossing has half an hour to do it, to avoid the half hour wait for it to pass! 😉
    We complain about our railways, but even a single line section like the one that turns off towards Westbury and Salisbury is much, much faster than that!

Flaperon

I have a mental list of the shops I’d loot first in the event of a zombie apocalypse. That’s about it.

dovebiker

Well practised here as the only food shop in town is regularly out of stock on even common foodstuffs due to the combined incompetence of the Co-Op with a soupçon of Brexit buggeration. I was feeling particularly smug today having been able to buy 4 tins of Heinz baked beans. Meanwhile the booze isle is full stocked with stuff like Rattler’s battery acid/floor cleaner/ Cornish cider where I’d prefer to drink my own wee.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Much simpler bird trap that works well with pigeons and can be made with a few sticks and an old inner tube so all materials that come to hand, unless you are fully committed to tubeless.

I made on like this as a kid to see if it would work and then got pecked and covered in bird shit trying to release the pigeon I caught after about 2 minutes so it definitely works but kill the bird while in the net rather than freeing it to fly another day.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I had a pretty intensive prep before my colonoscopy.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Preppers’ is closed to new replies.