Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Premium Rush (couriers on fixies) on Sky TV – anyone seen / watching it ?
  • iamroughrider
    Free Member

Action film about bike couriers in Manhatten. Looks like it’s on Sky Movies at various times today up until late tonight.

What’s it like? Family member of mine said it was great.

Any thoughts?

trail_rat
    Free Member

i watched it on a flight to the states last year ….. cringeworthy.

wouldnt waste my time watching it if i was at home but on a plane it passed the time

pingu66
    Free Member

I actually watched it the other day, all the way through as I couldn’t believe how bad it was.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    supersaiyan
    Free Member

Eye ribbons, cameo by Megaskill, cycle/car rage, fixie skids… It’s great slightly silly fun, and more entertaining than it had any right to be.

warpcow
    Free Member

Perfectly average action/thriller, but you’ll think it’s shit if you’re just watching cos it’s got bikes in. Call the Midwife is where it’s at for proper gnarcore bike action.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

Was hoping it was going to be good. lol warpcow.

jim600
    Free Member

Watched it last week

“I like to ride. Fixed gear, steel frame, no brakes. The bike cannot coast. The pedals never stop turning. Can’t stop. Don’t want to either.”

Cringeworthy sums it up.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Its shite and all the better for it 😀

Not seen many couriers with custom parlee frames, sram red and enve wheels though!

hels
    Free Member

Dire.

Even with the guy out of Third Rock From The Sun, but that just promotes it from it’s rightful place of Extremely Dire.

Worst moment for me was about 20 mins after his massive over the bars off, ambulance called, broken ribs etc, he picks up a trials bike and nonchalantly wheelies across the top of some parked cars. He cringes a little, as an afterthought, to make it look good, but really ??

Wookster

Omar Little – Member
    Its shite and all the better for it

Not seen many couriers with custom parlee frames, sram red and enve wheels though!

^^^^^^^ this +1….. So perfect to unplug brain and just be amused!!

mattyd
    Free Member

I’m not convinced that every event in the film is based on actual events/facts. It might be just a story…..

BobaFatt
    Free Member

It had one of those “persons living or dead” thing at the end, so I don’t think it was a documentary.

I liked it, dumb as a box of rocks but mindless nonsense to pass the time is all good

unovolo
    Free Member

If you want something thats easy to watch/dont have to think about then its a good film ,plus its got bikes innit.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Could be as awesome as Quicksilver?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPTu2F450sk[/video]

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

^^^ 8)

mattk
    Free Member

I loved it. Its a cheesy self indulgent cyclists movie, not as good as American flyers though 😉

samuri
    Free Member

There’s sadly, very few good films about cycling. Not with bikes, in, actually about cycling.

Breaking Away and American Flyers are about as good as they get.

somafunk

I managed to watch on itunes download and quite enjoyed it for what it is, i left the cinema after 30mins of Skyfall though so i dunno what that says bout my taste in films.

shermer75
    Free Member

That Quicksilver looks awesome!!

Militant_biker

We watched it on a biking weekend with mates. We knew it would be terrible, so just went with it. It was quite amusing though.

mattyd
    Free Member

Ooh, Breaking Away has just arrived on netflix Canada – haven’t seen it in years, will be watching soon.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Premium Rush (couriers on fixies) on Sky TV – anyone seen / watching it ?’ is closed to new replies.