• This topic has 34 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Premier membership card – what do i do with it?
  • cakefest
    Free Member

Any good for getting into hotel rooms? Stacking with other cards and stabilising wobbly tables? Building an installation for Manchester city centre?

Any clues?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Roach it. 😉

smell_it
    Free Member

Premier member……..sniggers.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Windscreen de-icer

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I don’t know, how long did it take for your card to come through, I’m still waiting for mine

headfirst
    Free Member

Tyre boot

julianwilson
    Free Member

17 months so far for mine to arrive. Good job I live nowhere near anywhere I could use it. 😆

wors

never had mine either!

LapSteel
    Free Member

I found mine recently in an old wallet….I have now transferred it to the back of my new wallet…….no idea why

northshoreniall

There’s a card?

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

^ This.

MrGreedy

Ditto. Subscriber since 2007ish, no premier card here.

pitduck
    Free Member

contemplate it 😉

PaulD
    Free Member

Had a paper ‘card’ that expired about 4 years ago, but never had a replacement…..and as someone above said….good job I don’t live near anywhere where I could use it!

Perhaps we should call the subs fairy and ask why?

PaulD

deadslow

Mine arrived today! Made a changes from the bills. Like cakefest a little bemused as to what purpose it serves as well!!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

been waiting a couple of years for mine, during which i’ve had three assurances from two different STW staffers that it’s “on its way”…

beckykirk43
    Free Member

I don’t know but I have 3 of them (all current!)

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

My last one expired in 2009. Not had one since!

stumpyjon

I also have never had ‘the card’. My LBS doesn’t take it anyway, still get a discount though 😆

Raindog
    Free Member

I don’t know, how long did it take for your card to come through, I’m still waiting for mine

I’ve been a subscriber since about issue 4, don’t think I’ve ever had a card. I certainly have never had a new one since I’ve lived in this house, which is 7 1/2 years. I don’t care though, it reminds me of when all this was fields…

keefus
    Free Member

Ditto xherbivorex

rOcKeTdOg

Mine came about a eeek after i took out the sub, lovely credit card style, P.I.N. number came separately

JoeG
    Free Member

Not to rub it in, but I’ve always got one in the mail when I subscribed or renewed. I have 3 or 4 of them, including the newest one in classy plastic. Of course, its absolutely useless for me because I’m in the US.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I have a current card – how do I now make a p appear next to my name?

monkeychild
    Free Member

Got the details of my card but no physical card.

philconsequence
    Free Member

we’re meant to get cards? i feel cheated

binners

Its now a proper placky one. You can use it for getting the mud out from your cleats.

It can be used to gain entry to the VIP area of Yorkshire Nite Spots frequented by the cast of Emerdale and the Singletrack Staff, where you will be handed a complimentary Margarita on entry

rOcKeTdOg

0% interest on mine, quidco cash back on it too

singletrackjay
    Free Member

To accompany the Issue 72 relaunch we introduced new style, plastic Premier Members Cards. With regards to Premier Club questions, there are two dedicated pages in every magazine we produce. There is a link in the footer of every sitepage, or here

These new cards are now being issued to new and renewing annual print subscribers, so if your sub renews in May for example, you will get a new plastic card a few weeks later. Please note that Digital Monthly subscribers do not receive Premier Members Cards, as these accounts are managed on a rolling basis, with no tie in.

We have a large number of legacy subscriptions (some from before we brought subscriptions in-house). These accounts have been brought up to date on a case by case basis and now, with every renewing sub through to next April. This includes any Annual Digital subscriber who we have a postal address for.

Any annual subscriber who wants a card now, please email despatch@singletrackworld.com ensuring you clearly give your full name, full postal address and your website login (or subs number, if you have it).

Thanks

cakefest
    Free Member

Nicely. My 2nd Membership card just arrived, 6 days after the first! That Manchester city centre art project is looking more do-able now.

Tiger6791

jambalaya – Member

Windscreen de-icer

I tried this but it only got 10% off 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

You could roll it up in a cigar shape, suck the end until it’s a bit gooey, then place it in here to stop the leak..

Kuco

I’ve been sent two.

MtbRoutes

^ me too!

JoeG
    Free Member

I’ve been sent three since adding a year to my subscription prior to the price increase. The first arrived within a week or two of my renewal. Fine. But on Saturday, two cards arrived in the mail at the same time in different envelopes.

I’m in the US, so the card is basically useless for me as far as discounts from bike shops and such. I just hate to see Singletrack waste money like this; each cost 1.28 GBP for postage alone, and obviously there are further costs for the card, time spent, etc. If its a tiny fraction of the subscribers, then its no big deal and I understand how it could actually cost more to meticulously sort through the list to weed out a few that have a card already. But if lots of folks are getting multiple cards…

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Premier membership card – what do i do with it?’ is closed to new replies.