Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Premier inn family of 5
  • backinireland
    Free Member

Kids 9 6 and 3
    Book 2 rooms or squeeze into 1?
    Looking at website seems you’re expected to book 2 rooms

jamj1974

When they were small – we used to sneak one in to a 4 person room. Now at 10, 10 & 12 we go for two rooms – one adult in each.

Rich_s

7 4 2 here. Still get away with a cot for the nipper and she just joins us in the big bed later.
    Two rooms is the proper way when they’re at the age of your’s, but I’m not certain the guys on reception would ever really realise if you went in/out/in/out…
    It would help if you knew the layout of the reception area before you went 😉

xcube
    Free Member

They will do two interconnecting rooms and put two single put up beds into it if you have 3 kids. You just need to call them when you book.

daviek

You used to get a family room that would sleep 5 but the youngest had to be younger than 3 or 4 I think

Kryton57

Just book the family room and don’t tell them you have 5.

And good luck getting a good nights sleep, bloody awful with my two up and down all night. Actually on second thoughts, book two rooms.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Few hotel chains will allow 2 adults and 3 children in a room.

Hilton do though.

The world turns against you a bit when you have a third child. Family tickets are almost always for four, supermarkets sell everything in packs of four or six, never five.

When I was a kid three or more kids was quite normal. Now , if you have three kids at the same school people look at you a bit funny. Being an only child is cool now it seems

matt_outandabout

Squeeze in.

We’ve done it for years.

Last time is our last now – but they’re now (almost) 16, 14 and 12.

sturdylad
    Free Member

We’ve just done it, Jnr’s are 15, 11, and 5 two eldest had a single bed each and the wee man shared the king size with myself and Mrs Sturdy.

theboatman
    Free Member

Girls’ now 19, 17 and 7 (I know, planning isn’t a strong point). Generally have gone with two rooms with varying 2/3 in each. Was just more fun than cramming in which we have done on a few occasions. Last time the 17 and 19 year old had the second room, they had disappeared on the pop by 10pm and weren’t keen on breakfast the next morning 😆

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

Family tickets are almost always for four, supermarkets sell everything in packs of four or six, never five.

I raise you Asda Belgian Waffles. Pack of five. Causes no end of issues in our household of 4…

dirtyrider
    Free Member

2 adults and 4 kids here, nobody ever questions it – just squeeze them in

matt_outandabout

Asda Belgian Waffles. Pack of five

*Sounds of slamming car doors*

Cougar

I raise you Asda Belgian Waffles. Pack of five. Causes no end of issues in our household of 4…

What maniac eats one waffle?

Stoner
    Free Member

supermarkets sell everything in packs of four or six, never five.

eat common factors.

If you have a family of 6, but Belgian waffles come in packs of 5, then surely the bare minimum you should buy is 30 waffles.

perchypanther
    Free Member

eat common factors.

That would violate the “Daddy gets the extra one” rule.

Stoner
    Free Member

quiet in your office too this morning perchy? 😉

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

Squeeze into 1 room, but don’t expect a good nights sleep. The 9 year old will complain the pull out bed is too lumpy the 3 year old sharing with the 6 year old will stop them getting to sleep and you’ll end up with the 3 year old jumping on you and your partner in the middle of the night.

Depends on the location and staff, if you phone ahead and make a telephone booking many will let you book 5 to a room and make sure the room is made ready with extra pillows and towels. For others its more than their job is worth and they will make a note against your name and call you back when you make a booking for only 1 room and insist you book a second room.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

All in one at those ages, especially with the size of the main bed, but as said depends if it is a jobsworth on reception. Turned up at a Premier Inn in Scotland with my bike the other week , Guy on reception says no bikes in these hotels, I said, ” sorry you had better look on your website where it says we are bike friendly and you`re more than welcome to put your bike in your room ” hardly acknowledged us after that. Good Luck!!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Premier inn family of 5’ is closed to new replies.