Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Preglued patches to die for?
  • theflatboy
    Free Member

yes yes, tubeless this, tubeless that. save it.

So, what pre-glued patches are people using for puncturage scenarios? I used to swear by Park, but then got onto Red Devils which seemed better. I’ve since discovered they’re too stiff and not flexible enough so come off when tube is rolled up or when applied along a seam on the tube. Vis a vis, they’re shit.

On that basis, thinking of reverting to Park. are there any better that people have found?

bigbloke
    Free Member

Sorry Park here, they just work well.

theflatboy
    Free Member

don’t be sorry, they’re what i’m reverting to in the absence of anything better. i’m actually thinking of going back to old school glue and rubber for home repairs and only taking the preglued ones out on rides. i don’t reckon the preglued type bond as well for permanent solutions. any thoughts on the matter most welcome.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Park here too. Never had a problem with them.

DezB
    Free Member

I always found Skabs to be the longest lasting (and stickier than Park IME)
    http://raleigh.co.uk/PRODUCTTYPE/ProductRange/Product/Default.aspx?pc=2&pt=137&pg=3318

theflatboy
    Free Member

the only issues i’ve had with the parks are later on on when they seem to wrinkle a bit and start leaking at the edges/coming off. perhaps i need to do a bit more sand papering prior to application/press harder!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

i’m actually thinking of going back to old school glue and rubber for home repairs and only taking the preglued ones out on rides

I thought that was the general rule anyway. Always been mine (after spare tube first obviously)

headpotdog
    Free Member

Park are OK, but I’ve found that blisters often form over the puncture hole which then spread & eventually leak. Good ol’ fashioned glue & patches work much better IMO but are a pain to use out on the trail.

I now just use the Park patches for trail side repairs & glue & patches for when I can get home to do the job properly.

theflatboy
    Free Member

that’s exactly what i’m finding, hpd. ernie, you’re probably right that it should be the rule, and i’m now reaching that conclusion myself. i feel it’s the approach i will take from now on.

so, what glue and patches are we all using when ensconced in our warm abodes? 🙂

schmiken

Lezyne patches are fantastic.

theflatboy
    Free Member

classic style or modern preglued style, schmiken?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Park for tubes (when I’m running tubes) and Scabs to hold together a ripped tyre from the inside of the tyre carcass – they work suprisingly well for this if its not too big a rip

rocketman
    Free Member

Lezyne patches are fantastic

^^ this

good enough to forget the tube is patched

TiRed

Topeak Flypaper. I’ve also used Park. Not had to repatch since using Topeak. This includes road bike pressures.

Oh and they aren’t bad on blisters either!

theflatboy
    Free Member

ok, my interest is piqued, or topeaked if you will, by the lezyne and topeak recommendations. do tell me more, people. and please confirm if we’re talking about lezyne classic or modern incarnations?

weeksy

Topeak for me too. Bought on CRC cheap, used and VERY good, bought 4 more packs recently for Morzine trip for me and the lads.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got some Lezynes that came with my backpack. Send me your address and I’ll post em to you. Bet they aren’t as good as Skabs though 😉

theflatboy
    Free Member

wow, cheers dez. that would be amaze if you wouldn’t mind. i’ll pop you an eme now.

toby1

Would you really die for puncture patches?

Park’s definitely peel under pressure, so I might opt into Lezyne too.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Nothing else comes close!

rocketman
    Free Member

please confirm if we’re talking about lezyne classic or modern incarnations?

These: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=24778

theflatboy
    Free Member

toby, i would.

zulu eleven, thanks.

rocketman, thanks.

brakes
    Free Member

my interest is piqued, or topeaked if you will

:shakes head:

I’ve only ever used the Park ones. I’ve got a shed-load of inner tubes which need fixing and it would be nice if you could buy like an A4/A5 sheet of patches – hopefully it might save a bit of money compared to the patch kits.

DezB
    Free Member

Zulu-Eleven – Member
    Nothing else comes close!

Checked the thread title lately? 🙄

deus

i recently bought some of these, yup 100 of them, i’m sure i’ll give some to my mates/ never have to worry about running out of them ever again

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Having insulted the puncture fairy recently, I have been forced into comparing different alternatives. I switched from the old -fashioned patches shown above to Park patches for convenience and have been impressed with Park’s durability. (I hope I havent spoken too soon). Current back wheel has three Park Patches on and is going fine.

organdonor
    Free Member

😆

theflatboy
    Free Member

things have moved on, organdonor. try to keep up. 🙄

theflatboy
    Free Member

The Topeak efforts are available for under £2 at a few places. Will give the Lezynes, as generously to be proffered by Dez, a go and see how they fare. In future I may dip a toe or even waggle a foot in the Topeak waters.

At my manor, a comfortable stock of TipTops is going to be tiptop of my to-do list.

Thanks for coming, as always, everybody.

brakes
    Free Member

a comfortable stock of TipTops is going to be tiptop of my to-do list

your puns are getting worse

theflatboy
    Free Member

i do try to put the pun in puncture. 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

theflatboy – Member
    i do try to put the pun in puncture.

Does that include your user name?

theflatboy
    Free Member

like it. 🙂

cliffyc
    Free Member

Weldtite Red Devil,Park or Lezyne all excellent.

theflatboy
    Free Member

now, cliff, i hate to be overly critical but you couldn’t even be bothered to read the first post in the thread. could you please buck your ideas up a bit for next time?

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Preglued patches to die for?’ is closed to new replies.