Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pre Fox Forks servicing nerves.
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

Every time I take mine apart for their oil change I always dread it. Will there be stanchion wear?

Almost as bad as when the car goes in for the MOT!

TFFT there wasn’t. 😀
    Damping oil was a little cloudy, but I gather that’s just air in the mix. Other than that all nice and clean.
    Did manage to put the lowers back on arse about face (first time ever, I blame chatting with the brother in law, not the two Sunday afternoon pints of guinness, oh no), leading to me having to drop the oil back out and put them on the right way round. 😳
    Other than that all good, not bad considering I haven’t touched them for a year.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I have some 2005 36’s that are still on their original stanchions and they go at least a yeat between services; they only got serviced recently because they were starting to feel a bit rubbish.

My previous 32’s were all fine despite living in the Peaks at the time.

bigyinn
    Free Member

It makes me wonder what people are doing to their Fox Forks given others seem to have their start wearing away in 6 months.

peakmonster
    Free Member

I have 3 pairs of fox forks the oldest ate a pair of 2005 32rlc’s still going strong with no noticeable wear
    It does make me wonder about others who have problems?

xiphon
    Free Member

Running a set of 2005 36s here (TALAS) – zero damage on the stanchions, and yearly interval for servicing…

Guess they don’t make them like they used to?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Mine are 2008s, which is supposed to be the last year they weren’t made of cheese, if you believe some.
    I think its more likely down to how you look after them pre and post ride more than anything else.
    I dont use any cleaning agents, wipe them clean and always apply some fork lube before putting away and / or riding.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pre Fox Forks servicing nerves.’ is closed to new replies.