Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Pram for newborn – which and why?
  • tinybits
    Free Member

This is a bit like a what bike / car thread, everyone will have an idea of what’s best. There’s also a bizarre theme that if you have a bugaboo you’re somehow inferior. Frankly it’s astonishing!

What i would suggest is this, think what do you think you’ll want it for

Be able to drop the car seat on the frame so not to disturb baby? (you may not have a car!)
    Do you want a lay flat pram?
    Do you want to go off road?
    Does it need to pass the local mummy snobbery test (if it’s as on here, you’d be doomed turning up with the wrong buggy!)
    Do you want it to last years?
    Is storage an issue
    You get the idea, whatever you do, do not listen to an idiot who says you shouldn’t be allowed to breed if you pick the wrong brand!

fwiw, I bought a pram that turned into a pushchair any could take car seat and snap into the base – really helped when diving out for some milk for example. When they got older I used a baby city jogger as it folder flat very quickly and I found it for a dirt cheap price on ebay. Oh yes, don’t think you get a high resale – you will loose 50% of the value. That’s a lot when it’s £1k!

molgrips
    Free Member

all 3 of my kids used the stage 1 car seat up until about 12 months old…none of them had a problem.

🙄

tinybits
    Free Member

Was that a lay flat sling you were using Molgrips?

molgrips
    Free Member

Best thing for off-road* is a Chariot Cougar. Also doubles as bike trailer. Pushing it in town with the pushchair wheels on makes everything else seem like a chore. You can push with one finger.

Expensive, but not by bugaboo standards, and far more useful.

* after a sling or back carrier

qtip

I’m definitely planning on getting a Chariot Cougar, or possibly CX, but that’ll come later.

molgrips
    Free Member

Might as well use it as a pushchair too – it’s a damn good one.

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Pram for newborn – which and why?’ is closed to new replies.