Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 119 total)
  • Praise your LBS?
  • dandax1990
    Free Member

Well keep an eye here dickyboy, that’s the point in the thread.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Ralph Colman Cycles (Ralphies), Taunton, have looked after me very well over the past 20 years.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I like Swinnerton cyles at the chase they are always dead helpful. Not technically my LBS but I don’t really like my LBS TBH.

Northwind

They’re not my most local, but most convenient, by virtue of being just beside somewhere I ride often… I-cycles in Innerleithen, no praise necessary, everyone knows Steve’s the boy.

edhornby

Cooksons cycles, decent lads

richardk
    Free Member

Cirencester area:

Performance Cycles – good products, good club and good community involvement
    Independent Bike Works – good products, different to usual mainstream brands, and nice atmosphere

tenfoot

Everndens cycles, paddock wood, kent. Nice people and have been around since I was a kid.

6hours
    Free Member

Barron Cycles at Stow (just North of Lincoln).
    Proper Family business.
    I do almost all of my own maintenance on a variety of machinery, so I hardly ever go in with an easy request and even more rarely come out without the answer.
    99+/100 I come away with the parts in my pocket, plenty of free advice, and all at a sensible price. 😀

The best one ever was a mech hanger to replace a broken one on my old rigid MTB, I’ve never seen the brand of bike before or since – Quasar – but Mr Barron produced an identical hanger from a box of “various” items.

keefmac

iron horse cyclery in darlington. ivan and john are top guys, always helpful and approachable. good kit in store too

ianfitz
    Free Member

18 bikes in Hope, Peak District. No where near the most local to me but I consider them to be my LBS. Si and both Matts are all knowledgable, genuine and will go the extra mile to help before, during and after a sale.

Matt builds the best wheels out there (used to build for JRA) and other Matt makes frames. Can’t praise them enough, they aren’t multiple award winners for nothing ….

Slogo
    Free Member

BikeLab in rich……. Narh just kidding they were shit!

mike_p
    Free Member

Bike Active in Stansted Abbots… the most dangerous shop window this side of Laaaahndahn. Mrs P hates them

Scamper
    Free Member

Venture bikes, Brum.

mtber1984
    Free Member

Not a LBS but they do act like one:

Cycle Surgery in Hemel Hempstead – Very hidden little gem tbh, nice guys down there.

jaylittle
    Free Member

[Firth Cycles in Queensbury, Bradford.]

This could be my new LBS, im just down the road now and have never set foot in here!

smett72

DC Cycles, Ulverston
    Top Mark, Barrow in Furness

willstaffs
    Free Member

Mammoth lifestyle in Milford have been brilliant to me, had 4 bikes off them between me and my girlfriend! Always helpful, quick to sort and problems and seem reasonably priced! Did me a good deal on a Genesis CDF last week!

Kunstler

+1 Eastside Bikes is Edinburgh.

The wishlist local would be Bothy Bikes in Aviemore.

edd

Close to my parents, rather than me: Bad Ass Bikes, Burrington. Brilliant shop.

luffy105
    Free Member

Cliff Pratt in Hull gets my vote. a quick visit always turns into a half hour natter and they have great mechanics who have always gone the extra mile for me. Very non pushy and informed sales staff too. They’re not strictly my LBS either but seeing as though my LBS is completely unhelpful it is always worth the extra 10 mile journey.

They must also train their staff as magicians too since I always end up buying more than what I went in for 🙂

tomd
    Free Member

Rotec cycles just outside Reading,brilliant service!

This used to be my LBS. Top place, I forget the guys name that ran it but he was fantastic. Apparently he also built drag racers or something like that.

I’d put a vote in for Wheelcraft in Clachan of Campsie. It’ more of an experience than a bike shop. Ideal if you like coffee so strong it’d mend a road and home made cake.

tk46hal
    Free Member

Top bloke Barry at Firth Cycles, Queensbury! And Ryan, sorry I nearly forgot!

Regards,

Tim. 😆

rogerthecat
    Free Member

There are 2 good ones near me.
    Bike Garage @ Bamford, James is a top bloke.
    18 Bikes @ Hope, nice bunch of guys

ricky1
    Free Member

ATR CYCLES in barrow gets my vote,feel comfortable leave
    Ing my bike there knowing it will roll out solid and a friendly service,reccomended iff you live in the bb7 area.

kcal

Stuarts Cycles, Forres – http://www.stuartscycles.co.uk – known Reg for decades, knows his stuff inside out, bought (and had serviced) countless bikes.

Not exactly LBS for me – it’s 12 miles away – but I’d still have called it my true LBS even when in Edinburgh to be honest..

other than that, Escape Routes in Pitlochry as above; Bothy Bikes in Aviemore especially; used to be Bicycle Works in Marchmont Edinburgh would have been first port of call there.

nbt

Bicycle Smithy in Hazel Grove, on the A6 heading south out of Manchester
    http://www.bicyclesmithy.co.uk/
    My local bike shop and the one I turn to when I need help. Never been let down yet

Not my local but highly recommended. Lovely people.

robbonzo
    Free Member

Plush hill cycles are my LBS far away, as im in Brighton and they are shropshire! but their service has been great.

Wozza
    Free Member

Northwest MTB Cheadle/Manchester.

Quality stuff in stock, flexible pricing and workshop second to none.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Knobblies – Exmout (S. Devon).

First sponsored me in an XC race 17 years ago (when I was in my early teens). Since then, I did my school work experience there, they know I’m married, have a son etc and ask about them, always a little discount and, more importantly, offer tea / advice.

z1ppy

I don’t tend to use shops much.. so gunna give Mboy a bit of support and name check his new venture The Missing Link in Droitwich, as he done me a couple of deals and I directed my m8 to him for a Kinesis GF

bspoked
    Free Member

Another shout for CrossTrax in Leeds.

I know Sancho on here owns it, but the lads that work there are top too. I’ve wasted many hours of their time with my indecision, conversation and strange requests.

Increasingly moving away from online to using them. Plus they will have a go at fixing the stuff that I can’t (currently a Reverb with a 60mm drop :D)

mangoridebike

Nevis Cycles – Fort William

Great service from friendly, knowledgeable people. I felt very welcome from the first time I walked in.

I’d highly recommend it 🙂

RobinL

Sowerby Brothers, Mirfield, West Yorks.

Great service and friendly, my wife has threatened to get a restraining order to stop me going in ….

I only go in for a chat ….. mostly 😉

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Pedalsport in King Cross, Halifax. Good to have 5 minutes ride away for tubes etc but too road focused for me to be there all the time for stuff.
    Blazing Saddles, Hebden. My default L(ocal’ish)BS when I need something and can get up there.

GHill

Another vote for 18Bikes in Hope. They’ve never let me down and there’s usually some good banter in the shop.

nuke

Head For The Hills in Dorking. Normally only use them for odd broken bits which they may need to order in so not big money for them but they are always friendly and helpful

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Another vote for Wheelcraft, Clachan of Campsie. Hard to go there in a rush though, Al simply won’t allow it. Proper coffee and a myriad of bike bits EVERYWHERE!

gonzy
    Free Member

Ride On in Rossendale. wouldnt trust my bike with anyone else. top lads and top service!!

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

Thatto Cycles in St Helens – they regularly go beyond the call of duty and offer great service and reasonable rates.

A pal of mine trashed his bike the day before we were heading to Scotland for a riding weekend but the part he needed wasn’t in stock. They took the part off a bike in the showroom to sell him and put one on order to replace it.

Top blokes even if they are mostly roadies! 🙂

dandax1990
    Free Member

jaylittle, Where abouts? Towards Halifax or Bradford?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘Praise your LBS?’ is closed to new replies.