PPI – worth trying it

Home Forum Chat Forum PPI – worth trying it

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • PPI – worth trying it
  • jonk

If it was with the same bank, go straight to your bank. They usually have a simple form to fill in and bobs your uncle.

Liftman

Do it yourself, save giving those sharks 50% of your claim

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

I had it on my Egg card back in the day, but I cancelled it when I discovered it was useless. They are now defunct.

jota180

Barclaycard took over all the egg card accounts, try them

peachos

do it. just call up your provider and tell them, don’t go to one of these companies.

i got £3k back off the back of a ten minute phonecall!

Hareydan

Most banks/loan companies seem to have a section on their website for this, definitely try there first before phoning one of those numbers you saw on daytime telly 😉

willej

Do it. I did, after a colleague got a substantial amount back. It’s very easy to do yourself. Also, if your bank can see that you wouldn’t have had to take out subsequent loans if you hadn’t been paying the PPI on your previous loans they will give you extra compensation, along with the standard (8% per year) interest on the PPI amount. I got nearly £13000 back and my colleague got £25000.

BlindMelon

Molgrips as Jota says contact Barclaycard and they will send you a form to fill in and if they think you have a case will pay out. Takes a few months but worth a go

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

It won’t be much but I’ll try. I think I refused it on all other loans since, might have them check though. Only other loan was an Egg loan.

Premier Icon unklehomered
    Subscriber

Do not support the cold calling bastards, but by all mean ask your bank, they have long ago given up the fight and are issuing refunds as standard.

b r

I got nearly £13000 back and my colleague got £25000.

You spent £13k on insurance! I’d hate to know how much you’d borrowed.

radoggair

Worth giving one of these many companies a try to see if i’m due anything. Had a constant bank loan for 18 years now and cant remember if i took out insurance. What can i lose?

Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

I got nearly £13000 back and my colleague got £25000.

Judging by some of the horror stories, a lot less that you’d think! Banks have been ripping people off for years, esp SMEs / Sole Traders.

Leigh2612

Does anyone know if any of the credit history sites will tell you what cards/ loans etc you have had? I’m naughty and tend to bin most of my paperwork once they are cleared and cancelled or finished…

willej

No, I got £13k back. A lot of that is interest and extra compensation, as I mentioned in my post.

fizzicist

What criteria do you have to have? I got sold it on a Debenhams credit card run by MBNA years ago. I paid the card off quickly enough but is it worth bothering?

Premier Icon MrGreedy
    Subscriber

I expect you’ve got the message by now, but definitely don’t use a claims handling company, it’s easy to do yourself. See here for a simple guide and letter templates etc:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance

yamyamblade

molgrips – I just got £500 out of egg, link here for address

http://new.egg.com/visitor/0,,3_121938–View_2635,00.html

simple claim form and got cheque back within 4 weeks, easy…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘PPI – worth trying it’ is closed to new replies.