Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • ppi reclaim companies ?
  • voodoo_chile

Anyone recommend a reputable one to use

john_drummer
    Free Member

none of em

unklehomered
    Free Member

None, just get in touch with your bank. All they are doing is taking your money for nothing.

voodoo_chile

Switched lenders a few times so would be simpler for someone to handle it for us

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Do it urself , the forms are on the home pages of most of the banks, did mine and 8 weeks later a nice surprise from TSB 🙂 …

dazz
    Free Member

they all generally take 33% of the payout, I claimed £3k back myself before Christmas & had it paid out within 6 weeks, at the same time the wife claimed for £250 through a company, still waiting for that.

There are loads of good guides on the internet with letter templates, they explain the process, if you go with a ppi company expect your phone to be ringing off the hook.

We did use a company called Hayward Marsh a while back, seemed OK, got the money for us, but if I had to do it again, I’d do it myself.

unklehomered
    Free Member

These companies are evil praying vultures. Their business model is conning people who have already been conned.

But if you really want to just put your mobile number on the internet. Then wait… or send me your number and next time one calls I’ll tell them to get in touch before I verbally abuse them.

voodoo_chile

Unkle hang them high

samuri
    Free Member

What I found interesting about the whole thing is the lies and deceit the lenders used.

I initially assumed you’d have to be daft to take out this type of insurance. Whever it was offered to me the agreement was so full of holes it was obviously a con but there was a lot of sophisticated tricks being thrown into the mix it seems which did trick an awful lot of people. Some contracts didn’t even need agreement from the client for them to be charged PPI. Nasty business.

warton
    Free Member

do it yourself. me and my wife did, took 30 mins, got 8k

unklehomered
    Free Member

Often its not the lenders, but the agents, who get commission for every sale. Depends on what you were getting finance wise, but its not often the lender who sell it to you, especially for things like HP. When I worked for an autofinance company it was a constant head ache, we couldn’t enforce training for the wonks in the showrooms selling this shit, and they would lie through their teeth.

sc-xc

There was a thread a while ago about this which prompted me to look into mine.

I took out a months free trial with Experian, downloaded my credit report which shows all credit agreements over the last few years.

Filled the standard form in (the Ombudsman one) and sent off 14 speculative letters.

12 came back with the ‘you’ve never had PPI, you chancer’ response….but 2 came back with ‘we will investigate this for you’

A few weeks later, about 2 and a half grand drops through the letterbox.

If I can do it – anyone can

jekkyl

sc-xc = stoke city X country?

konabunny
    Free Member

What if you have no freaking idea what loans you had and with whom? I have to help my parents with this…

Cougar

What if you have no freaking idea what loans you had and with whom?

I took out a months free trial with Experian, downloaded my credit report which shows all credit agreements over the last few years.

sc-xc

sc-xc = stoke city X country?

God no.

When I first registered here I had a Santa Cruz. Sold about 6 years ago though….

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘ppi reclaim companies ?’ is closed to new replies.