Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • PPI Questionnaires
  • tootallpaul

Evening chaps,

Following reading a couple of threads on here I decided to have a go at a PPI claim.

Contacted all the banks I remember using back in the 90’s and 00’s. I found one PPI policy I had signed up to, so I knew I had done it at least once.

This morning I get two letters in the post from Lloyds with PPI questionnaires enclosed. One for a credit card, and one for three loans.

Problem is I have no records of any of these, and the paperwork I have found doesn’t match to the account numbers.

How much information do they expect on the forms?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I did a Lloyds one for a couple of loans I took out maybe 30 years ago. Obviously in those timescales I’d binned any records, account numbers etc.

I didn’t put any account details on the form. I even managed to estimate the approx date of loan out by about five years. Initially I got a ‘thanks but no thanks’ letter back saying I wasn’t entitled and they were closing the case. Then a couple of weeks later I got a slightly cap in hand letter saying they’d ‘found’ the relevant accounts and I was entitled.

Obviously I wouldn’t, cough, condone or, cough, encourage you but if look on Money Supermarket etc. there are certain ‘phrases’ that might be useful to your claim such as you were led to believe your application would be rejected if you didn’t sign up for PPI. Depends what your moral compass is for this (if indeed things like that weren’t the case anyway).

Cougar

Fill in what you can, send it back. If you don’t know, you don’t know.

Cougar

Obviously I wouldn’t, cough, condone or, cough, encourage you but if look on Money Supermarket etc. there are certain ‘phrases’ that might be useful to your claim

AIUI that doesn’t matter, they’re rolling over to give you your money back anyway.

tewit
    Free Member

I’m just going through another claim after a letter from Barclays telling me that I’d a loan which I had totally forgotten about. I’ve some details from bank statements so I’ll fire off a claim form and see how it goes.
    I tried claiming PPI for a couple of smallish loans with Alliance and Leicester I took out around 1998/2004. It was all done through the post and over the phone when I was told that I couldn’t have it unless I bought their PPI, even after I said I’ll get my own insurance.
    Got sod all.
    Good luck.

tootallpaul

Cheers chaps!

Is it worth doing a “subject access request” to find out more about the loans/cards they are asking about?

russyh
    Free Member

I did exactly that after being adamant I never had PPi or any old records. Using the moneysupermarket partner site I sent emails to every bank I ever remembered having a loan of credit card with. Loads of letters back saying I never had ppi but the. HSBC wrote to me saying I had 3 policies with them in Dec 00….I am mid claim!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘PPI Questionnaires’ is closed to new replies.