Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • PPI deadline, anybody else still waiting?
  • ajantom

Anyone else still waiting?
    Considering the deadline was 5 months ago, and I thought that it was meant to take 8 weeks to complete their investigation.

Had a couple of letters from Barclaycard and Egg/Canada Square to say they’re busy, but it all seems a bit like delaying tactics.

I’d never thought to apply for a PPI refund, but in May I found an old Egg loan letter (from 2001!) that actually had the PPI amount on it. So I put in claims to everyone I’d had loans or cards with.

After all this I’ll probably get 10 bob and a pack of smarties.

chowsh
    Free Member

Yes, I used one of the claims companies recommended on here at the last minute. Had several responses saying there was no PPI as I expected but there are still a few outstanding and one where they have asked for further info. Not expecting anything really but thought it was worth checking.

ajantom

😲 Ha, in an amazingly coincidental turn of events, I posted the above and have just opened a letter delivered this morning offering me £3450 on the Egg loan PPI.
    Bloody hell….gobsmacked!!!

gauss1777
    Free Member

Nice. I was going to say that in your shoes I’d be quietly confident of a good response, but had no solid reason for thinking that. I wish I still had a couple of outstanding claims ; )

domtastic
    Free Member

I got a letter yesterday saying I was owed £30

Drac

Excellent.  It’s amazing what you get when you provide evidence.

snaps
    Free Member
    ajantom

Ah sorry, missed that thread.

Phil_H

After all this I’ll probably get 10 bob and a pack of smarties

That’s what I thought about my Clydesdale Bank claim.
    Had loans and a credit card in the late 90’s. Submitted an online form on their website 2 days before the deadline thinking I’d get nowt, got a letter 2 months later saying they were busy and then forgot about it.
    Next I heard was a letter at the start of December offering £2K, 50% refund & 50% interest.
    Spent some of it in a new Clockwork 29er Evo😀

johndoh
    Free Member

All this I struggle to understand – I know I had a loan in the late 90s, I believe I purchased PPI yet, as I don’t have proof of it (and the bank admits they have destroyed all records) they say I don’t have a case.

Northwind

I got a comedy response from Barclaycard about a historic Egg card, saying they couldn’t find any trace of any accounts that they holdin my name at this address. I’ve asked them if that means they don’t want this month’s repayment for my current day Barclaycard- still waiting for a response but it seems an awful lot of people get the same “no record of any account” from Barclays and it’s blatantly untrue.

OTOH I got a nice cheque from Lloyds

Drac

Barclays were fantastic took less than 3 weeks for them to refund me using their online form. The money was in the bank before I received a letter, but of course I had proof.

johndoh
    Free Member

My wife had no proof of her HSBC loan (from the late 90s, around three years after I took mine out) and recently received £1800.

boomerlives
    Free Member

All this I struggle to understand … as I don’t have proof of it

Makes sense to me.

Do you not even have an account number?

Drac

My wife had no proof of her HSBC loan (from the late 90s, around three years after I took mine out) and recently received £1800.

I’ve seen your thread.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah, we read all that in the other thread. And it was pointed out the remedy too.

ajantom

Well **** me, but another £5300 refund appeared in my account this week.

I’ve just bought a new guitar.
    And the wife has booked us a holiday.

Priorities right? 😉😁

johndoh
    Free Member

Well I just got another payout – this was on a card I didn’t know that I ever had, never mind not having kept evidence of many years after taking it out.

ajantom

I get the feeling they’re running down the PPI claims depts at banks, and trying to get shot of as many claims as possible as soon as possible.

The amount just refunded is for far more than I ever borrowed on either of the Barclaycards it relates to. Even with interest and compensation I can’t see how they came to the figures.

Not complaining at all, just confused!

johndoh
    Free Member

I’m going to write to HSBC and argue their response to me – I am very sure there was PPI on the loan and feel like they have tried to fob me off when other lenders have accepted there *may* have been PPI and paid out.

Cougar

Following on from my comments at https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/how-to-progress-this-ppi-claim/

Then a couple of months ago, completely out of the blue I received a letter from MBNA going “sorry, we’re still looking into this.” … A couple of weeks ago I got another going “sorry for the delay, we’ll get back to you within 8 weeks,

Update: I’ve just received another missive from MBNA.

“We’re still working to you a response before the end of March 2020, although it may be as late as summer 2020.”

It then goes on to mention the ombudsman again, which I suppose they’re obliged to do, but wraps it up in a disclaimer that it “may not mean that you’ll get a faster decision.” So, it may, then?

FFS, what are they playing at?! “Summer” could be mid-September.

finishthat
    Free Member

Online claim made 5 days before deadline , got a letter this week saying we are looking into it, and before more details sent by post a 12k payment arrived in current account so don`t give up if you have not heared.

johndoh
    Free Member

:-O

That’s a tidy sum! I just got net £85 after costs (albeit from a credit card I never knew I had as mentioned above).

maccruiskeen

Yeah there’s one of my dads which is still work in progress. No idea what account it was as he died in 2012. I get a letter every so often saying they’re still looking into it

bigyinn
    Free Member

The comments upthread about Barclays and Egg have annoyed me. I contacted them a couple of years ago regarding Egg and they said they had no record of my account with Egg.

Contacted them again mid August last year before the deadline and they almost sneered at me saying, as we told you when you asked 2 years ago we have no details of an Egg card in your name. THEN they tel me if it was cleared before 2011 (it was) those accounts were held by Citi Bank. Obviosuly, because the deadline had passed I couldn’t then get in touch with Citi Bank. Why didn’t they tell me two years ago when I originally asked?
    Still Lloyds were great and gave me back £7.2k, TA!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘PPI deadline, anybody else still waiting?’ is closed to new replies.