Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • PPI claims
  • johndoh
    Free Member

I trawled all my old accounts (CCs, loans and mortgages) and have one confirmed refund due (£2,300) which I am just awaiting the cheque for and another for Santander that has been confirmed I had PPI on the card but they are still doing investigations.

Not a life-changing amount, but it will help cover some unexpected costs when one of our daughters recently started needing therapy to help her overcome anxiety issues.

lb77

We put a number of claims in back in August, had a reply from Lloyds this week in regards a couple of loans my wife took out 20 years ago. £1,500 was deposited into my wife’s account yesterday, which was nice!
    NRAM (Northern Rock) and HSBC are still investigating. As above, we never knowingly signed up to PPI so it’s good we’re getting redress after all these years.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Still going to be millions if not billions unclaimed as so many just weren’t aware and the pressure from claims companies put people off.

I believe there was a case that essentially resulted in a presumption that all PPI was mis-sold. At that point they should all have been declared illegal and everyone’s money refunded, not leaving it to individuals and greedy claims companies.

And yes, I missed the deadline despite all the adverts. Busy, presumption I had none, refusal to go with a claims company so enquiring was looking like a faff. Meant to do it last minute but things came up and never got done.

gauss1777
    Free Member

Someone above a long time ago said

I did my own claim with no info other than my card details and the fact that if I was given the option to choose PPI I would’ve said no.

After 45 mins work in total and 3 stamps I got a cheque for £5.5k

well I did similar, sans the stamps.
    Tried to claim from Halifax for our mortgage explaining that I didn’t think we’d had PPI, but if we had then it had been without my knowledge or consent. Got a reply saying we didn’t have PPI, so nowt.
    I also sent a similar request to Barclaycard for a credit card, again saying I had no idea if I’d had PPI but did not request it. Got a reply today saying that I had been mis-sold PPI, but they didn’t know how much I’d payed. Hence they’ve payed me the average amount for the time I had the card. Cue a check for over £2000. 😁
    Thanks to everyone who suggested claiming, I thought I’d get closer to £20 at best.

theboatman
    Free Member

I’ve put in an online claim on deadline day against a very old egg card and loan, it was something I had been meaning to do for yonks. But getting divorced and now having both our youngest two girls live with me was getting in the way. It was literally a case of add very scant details and a quick Google for ppi claims and on Monday a letter advising a cheque for just over £1600 is on route. Certainly not life changing but it means there will be some Christmas pressie upgrades and some stress removed from Christmas. So I’m pretty chuffed, and whilst I know I have paid for it a long time ago, it does feel like free money and it will put some smiles on faces.

spacemonkey

I’m happy it’s working out well for you peeps. Not so the case here. I put in a bunch of claims on deadline day and they all come back with ‘no’ or ‘you have 7 days to escalate if you wish to continue your claim’ blah blah. I didn’t have any evidence for these though but wanted to get them checked off anyway. Still, at least I got IRO £1600 2 years ago. I reckon some people will be cleaning up.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘PPI claims’ is closed to new replies.