Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Poxy Valve lockrings
  • Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Stans valves keep loosening off on one of my bikes. Then obviously the tyres go down. Not happening on other bikes and is a right PITA. I have nipped with pliers and still they undo. Don’t really want to Loctite on, incase I split a tyre and need to stick a tube in mid ride. Anyone else had the same with Stans valves and any cures please.

luffy105
    Free Member

put two on each valve? that may help ‘lock’ them in place?

wwaswas

what he said – two and tighten them against each other to lock them in place.

Kryton57

Never happened to mine, but I’ve seen someone dribble some stan’s sealant down outside of the valve stem to act as a kind of loctite thats easily peeled away/removed with fingers only.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Not much help for your stans but I like the DT tubeless valves, they have a conical (sort of) lockring with a rubber O ring inside so you don’t have to mega tighten them to get a good seal.

Klunk
    Free Member

white wood glue works well.

robware
    Free Member

Spring washer? Nylock nut with matching thread?

scruff
    Free Member

I can never get mine off !

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Cheers guys for some ideas. Scruff, that’s what worries me during a ride. The Ralphs I have are quite loose fitting, so if I got a puncture it will be a tube to get going again, even with gorilla tape in the rims. Rapid Robs fitted the same, so not the tyres, but Sun rims. But I will still need to get the valve out. Sometimes I have done a ride, get home, seen the lockring by the valve cap and it doesn’t go down !. But this morning getting the bike out for the commute, was flat and jizzed on the floor again……

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Poxy Valve lockrings’ is closed to new replies.