Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Power tool replacement batteries. Buy genuine or copy?
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

Hi all.

I need a new 4ah battery for a Milwaukee impact driver and also a 1.3ah for my little Makita drill/driver.

I’ve bought genuine and copy batteries before and I have noticed that the genuine batteries do seem to last longer. Has anyone bought copy batteries online that they were really impressed with or should I just bite the bullet and buy genuine ones for three times the price?

Cheers.

revs1972
    Free Member

Genuine Milwaukee 5ah 18v battery around £60

Non genuine around £40 from what I’ve seen.

personally I’d stick with the gen, but not heard anything bad about the others, though I wouldn’t leave one unattended whilst charging just in case .

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’ve watched a few YouTube videos about this, often the third party packs give nothing like their stated capacity which is why they are so much cheaper. They also sometimes don’t have the correct charging protection circuits in there either.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Tradesman on sites i have multiple power tools used heavily daily. The genuine batteries have been hit and miss for me makita had a really bad batch that all ended up faulty.

What they dont tell you is they only warranty the batteries if under 150 charge cycles. This used to be unlimited and they came under the 3 year replacement warranty along with the tools.

Ive had 6 5ah 18v copy batteries since last year all used the same only 1 failed after i dropped it. Contacted seller and hassle free exchanged it no qualms as they offer a 2 year replacement on theirs.

Either pay 119 for genuine or for 85 i can get 2 5ah copies that i noticed no difference in performance or quality. Opened up a makita and a copy they both had sony cells inside with similar internals and components.

There are cheap cheap copies that are crap but spend slightly more from a uk uk seller and they seem to be just unbranded genuine ones.

cp

As above, we go mid range compatibles at work and they work just as well as originals – and we do actual measured testing. Plenty of decent non-OE batteires out there.

colp

I’ve found some genuine Makita pants, Floureon aftermarket ones I’ve found very good.

maccruiskeen

I’ve found some genuine Makita pants,

Suits you sir!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Power tool replacement batteries. Buy genuine or copy?’ is closed to new replies.