• This topic has 17 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by diz.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Power pack to charge phone – recommendations please
  • diz

Hi I need a power pack that will charge a Samsung s6 each night for about 5 days. Recommendations please.
    Thanks Diz

bruneep

I have This had no problems at all with multiple days charging, all depends how empty your device is each day.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I have the Anker one for around the same price on Amazon – been a good piece of kit for festivals, camping etc. In fact, all the Anker cables, chargers I’ve bought have been good vfm.

EDIT: This one. It’s actually £29 at the moment, but I think the price moves up and down – I like how quickly it seems to charge my stuff. 🙂

flannol
    Free Member

I second the Anker PowerCore 20100

You might want to look at the 26000. My 6s gets a good 5 charges out of the 20100, but they are always like 20%-100%, not FULL charges. And I imagine that samsung has a larger battery

I only personally trust Anker

Also, theirs is 4.8A which I needed to charge higher power equipment than my phone at the time of buying it

grum
    Free Member

I’ve had cheaper ones in the past that broke but also have an Anker one now which has been solid.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Only thing i’d recommend is checking the charge rate of the actual powerbank.

I bought a half price one for me (only a small one, but a decent brand) charges from empty to full in ~2 hours. Bought a similarly sized and priced one for my other half (but not on sale, it’s an own brand one) takes nearly 12 hours to charge using the same cable and charger. Charging limit on mine is something like 4A. Hers is only 900mA.
    Which makes it a huge pain in the neck to use.

They both discharge fast enough to trigger the “fast charging” warning on my phone.

GrahamS

Yeah I’ve got that Anker one too, ideal for keeping two electronic childminders hudls charged on long journeys. 😀

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I got a Morphie one last year. Works fine. they come in various sizes depending on what you want to charge. I got one of the smaller ones just for a phone charging duties – it’s about the same size as my iPhone 6. If you want to be able to charge a laptop or something larger then you can get larger capacity ones with a higher Ampage/charging rate.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I third that Anker PowerCore. Charges an iPhone at least 4-5 times. I have an older Astro one that started working again after getting wet and subsequently went weird for a while. So now have two when I thought I’d have to bin one. Bonus!

Anker are quality if my experience over last 6 years of heavy use is anything to go by.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Anker every time. Got two, both used for festival duties each year, general camping etc. Daughter took one on recent 3 day d of e expo also.

v8ninety

For balance, I have an Aldi one that has served well for about three years. I don’t think that the tech is very difficult to get right, with a half decent quality control. Good warranty, too.

(I wonder if this post makes me an ‘Aldi type’?) 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

I have the Aldi one.

It’s shit.

Takes for ever to charge.

Modern ones are far better with the fast charge

BadlyWiredDog

I’ve had good experiences with the Goal Zero stuff, but it’s expensive. I spoke to them once at a show and they basically said that what makes the difference is the quality of the cells they use, which is probably why a lot of cheap back-up power things seem to fail after relatively light use ime.

Cougar

+1 for Anker. PortaPow are good too.

breninbeener

I have a portapow 10000mAh pack. Its been great. Do you really need to fully charge 5 times? When i bikepack i put my phone in aircraft mode until i think i will get a signal. I can then use it for photos etc. It seems to last ages when it isnt constantly using mobile data and searching for a signal

somouk
    Free Member

Anker for me and pretty much everyone I know. Great bits of kit.

ampthill

Yep Anker. Just choose the right size or 2 smaller ones….

diz

Do you really need to fully charge 5 times?

Unfortunately it will more than likely be 5 full charges as the option to put it in reduced power mode won’t be an option due to needing to receive and react to data, messages and emails.

Many thanks for all the opinions. Will get either an Anker or a Goal Zero.

Merry Christmas

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Power pack to charge phone – recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.