• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by OCB.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • powder coating my frame
  • jedi

but what colour? im thinking back to black? had yellow,black and white, raw and paint splatter grey so far

MrNero50
    Free Member

Bright green? Though to be fair all my bikes are black.

Jeffus
    Free Member

http://www.argoscycles.com/colours/colours.html

had my old Heckler done here a few years ago in Italian Yellow was a fantastic job. 😀

J273
    Free Member

Primer grey

OCB
    Free Member

This is a layer of a kinda yellow/green tinted powerdercoat over ‘chrome’ powdercoat (which isn’t chrome like metal-chrome, it’s an uninspiringly flat, cheap chrome-effect plastic look in it’s own right – but, it supports a tinted layer really well).

The colour is pretty deep and moves around with the light, but not like a metal-flake does – hmm, hard to describe in narrative, but (subjectively) it works.

IHN

Red. Always red. Still.

jedi

hmmmmm

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I had a gloss black that looked great at first, but after a few dirty rides, the scuffing made it look dull all over.

slowrider
    Free Member

Alright dude 🙂

Matt black with gloss black decals gets my vote

Edit: and 2nd Argos, they did a wicked job on my chameleon

Ben_H

Argos did a great job on two frames of mine: an Orange Five in light metallic blue (now sold) and a Cotic Soul in two-pack white. They don’t powder coat.

I went for the tougher two-pack finish (smaller colour range) on the Soul as the finish on the Five chipped easily, as you’d expect a wet paint to do.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Matt grey with a very heavy metalflake.

OCB
    Free Member

I very nearly went for a dark’ish blue with a very fine, pale lilac metalflake in it (almost like glitter) when I had that ^ done as that worked well too.

I did think about just clear over a bare stripped frame, but I was steered away from that given ‘clear’ does go (randomly) opaque over time.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘powder coating my frame’ is closed to new replies.