Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Potty training
  • Harry_the_Spider

How long did it take for your kids to “get it”?

pedalhead
    Free Member

Couple of weeks for daughter #1, but we’d previously been encouraging her to sit on the potty before bathtime etc. From our experience, it’s best to do potty training in the summer if you can…running about in the garden without a nappy is better than being indoors where the carpet is :-). We’ll be tackling daughter #2 next summer.

peajay

About 2 weeks, get a little book and each time they go on the potty they get a sticker, page per day that way they can see how many times they go, first couple of days is a nightmare my first daughter pee’ed about 12 pairs of pants, she got it pretty quick though, waited till I was on holiday from work to start it so that I could constantly remind her to go, we’ve used the book and sticker method with all 3 daughter with great success, as the days go on they you can see via the number of stickers per day their control getting better, good luck,
    PJ

bensales
    Free Member

What age did you start at? My lad is 20 months now, knows what the potty is and how to sit on it, and is happy to do so. But doesn’t seem to know to “try” if you know what I mean. Too early?

Harry_the_Spider

My boy is 3 years 2 months and has shown no interest so we are imposing it on him whilst I’m off work.

Piss everywhere and rapidly running out of clothes. 🙁

derek_starship
    Free Member

Isn’t mumsnet for this kind of crap?

http://www.pottytraining.co.uk

M6TTF
    Free Member

peeing came quickly – pooing took quite a while. on the plus side he became dry at night really quickly (approx 3 and 1/2) which was a godsend!

scaredypants

put a pair of undies on under his nappy

don’t change him immediately when he wets them

oh, and beatings – regular and robust

Hohum
    Free Member

Each of them were just before 3 before they got the hang of it.

Sorting out number 1 was easier than sorting out number 2. They all get there eventually 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

He has 5 stars in his “potty book” but has peed on the floor 3 times. 🙄

This could be a long week.

skinnysteel
    Free Member

Mrs faffed around for a few weeks, with no result.
    Sat lad down on his potty in the kitchen – easy clean tiled floor – and spent a couple of hours reading story books. Lots of praise when he delivered required result.
    Thereafter no problems (except the one occasion when he curled one out on the garage floor).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Potty training’ is closed to new replies.