Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pothole damage
  • Flaperon

Trying to make a claim for pothole damage from Devon County Council. They’ve asked for a copy of my insurance certificate in order to “contact my insurers”. Cheeky bastards.

Only reason I can think of is to put people off claiming because they know their insurance will be loaded come renewal time.

In some respects I have to admire the sneakiness but equally they’ve known about this hole since before the lockdown and done sod-all about it. It also lies on a Sustrans route so you’d think there would be a little motivation to fix it.

trumpton
    Free Member

How did you not miss that.

Vader
    Free Member

Money Saving Expert is your friend

sharkbait
    Free Member

TBH I’d be surprised if you get anything. The speed you should be driving down that track (it’s not even a lane) wouldn’t cause any damage.
    I hit a pothole at the edge of a NSL B road that bent both nearside wheels and I got nowt.

bear-uk
    Free Member

They might want to claim off you for damaging there pothole.

Drac

How did you not miss that.

He didn’t.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

New Forest basically told me to sod oof. Prove I was driving on the road, prove the car wasn’t damaged previously, prove I had claimed through the insurance and filled the hole before I had managed to get back and collect the car the next day which I had to leave at the side of the road as there was no spare and the tyre wall was split on both side.

Flaperon

It’s not like it caught me by surprise. 😑

Unfortunately this pothole is on a 20% gradient with no place to turn around unless you reverse more than a mile.

Damage is to the underneath of the bumper and plastic air deflectors under the car, not the tyres. On the bright side the pothole is filling up with bits of car but not really fast enough.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Pothole damage’ is closed to new replies.