Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Pothole Claim Using Google Streetview
  • irc

Successful claim for £70’000 made using streetview to prove defect had not been repaired/picked up during scheduled inspection. Thus council had failed to carry out procedures.

“The claim stated the pothole could be seen on a Google Street View image from October 2008, but the council failed to note it and order its repair during a scheduled inspection the following March.”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-26645185

Stoner
    Free Member

worcestershire are doing a big road repair push with some new allocated funds. Theyve invited pot hole reporting to help them find them all. This thread reminds me to report a fourth one. Within days of my reporting the previous three, orange highlight paint has appeared around the potholes identifying them for the repair team which I think is great.

Reporting is easy in our county, got to a web page, describe the pothole, mark it on a 1:10,000 digital plan and press submit. POP.

TiRed

That puts my damaged rim claim into perspective. Almost went OTB on two rides that have written off wheels in the past three months. Bucks Council have been swift to fill the really dangerous hole immediately after I reported it, and sent me a claims form in the process.

It could be so much better if holes were reported and filled rapidly. Cyclists, like no other road users, can do that reporting.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Bike pothole claims get you a flaming on here usually.

daveh
    Free Member

Why does the man with orange paint not have a bucket of tarmac with him? Or conversely, why does the man with the bucket of tarmac need it to be circled in orange in order for him to find it?

Stoner
    Free Member

Im guessing the orange paint guy is confirming where the pothole is and probably determining what kind of repair it requires – some maybe a tamped filled, some may need cutting back or whole carriageway edges done. There’s probably an urgency ranking too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Pothole Claim Using Google Streetview’ is closed to new replies.