Viewing 12 posts - 241 through 252 (of 252 total)
  • Potentially career ending meeting with HR tomorrow – bets on outcome?
  • csb

Yes, good for you TJ but only what you were entitled to.

I don’t know why people spend so much time tearing down others when what they should be doing is organising and getting a better deal for themselves and their co-workers.

This. The shysters in Government are orcestrating a race to the bottom based on seeding hatred between us. Unionise before it’s too late and we’re all working zero hours with no protections.

stevextc
    Free Member

certainly doing a commute over 5 miles would be unacceptable to me and I do like my two day week.

It’s a year and 9mo max…. (assuming that is the worst option)

If you’re able to ride then why 5 miles?
    3x8hrs with time either side to ride… and still 4d off a week?

ransos
    Free Member

I don’t know why people spend so much time tearing down others when what they should be doing is organising and getting a better deal for themselves and their co-workers.

Because this place is full of aspirational middle managers…

tjagain

steve – I realise this comes over a bit like moon on a stick but as above finally resolved to my satisfaction

the reason for not wanting the commute is down to time and unpleasantness. Even on the ebike i get sweaty and it takes 35 mins+ – I have to be on duty at 7am and thus need a shower. At my original job I could shower at home and pootle in in 5 mins ie leave home at 6.50, the post I was transferred to I have to leave my house at 6.05

Its also crossing Edinburgh in the dark and with really disruptive roadworks on my route. doing it with lockdown traffic levels in the light is one issue, doing it with normal traffic levels and dark is another altogether. NO near misses for months over the summer. two in the last 3 days

matt_outandabout

Nice one TJ, hope the clear the air meeting goes well…

Drac

Good stuff.

Can’t help but think it’s only because you’ve got so little time left they’re obliging but regardless it’s good for you.

leffeboy

Can’t help but think it’s only because you’ve got so little time left

but, but, we’ve already lost him once 🙁

Drac

😂

tjagain

I strongly suspect some backchannell discussions with my union rep who knew I was not going to let it go and thus they knew that an apology and return to previous post would shut me up rather than facing a grievance that would show their incompetence.

crikey
    Free Member

TJ, I’d enjoy working with you but I’d hate to manage you in any way, shape or form!

Get retired, do some stuff part time and give those poor buggers a rest!

duckman

The folk slagging TJ off should remember all he wanted and got was what he was entitled too. More like him and management would have to unbastard themselves a bit more. Helmets are a cracking idea on all ebikes, bust especially and ebike, mind.

tjagain

Crikey. who me?

I am actually not that bad so long as two things happen – they are straight with me and give clear direction! But tell me lies or disadvantage me by not following policy and I will go into my jack russell act. don’t give me clear direction and i go off on tangents. Be a good manager and i am a model professional!

Viewing 12 posts - 241 through 252 (of 252 total)

The topic ‘Potentially career ending meeting with HR tomorrow – bets on outcome?’ is closed to new replies.