Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Potential French employer – any advice
  • nimrod2410
    Free Member

I was wondering if anyone on here has/still has a french employer.

I have been recommended to a french company which is of interest to me as in effect I will be starting up a business for them in the UK.

Just wondered what the general impressions were etc.
    Thanks.

ourmaninthenorth

Get used to them being out of contact for the middle two hours of every day, and all of August.

😀

nimrod2410
    Free Member

Long lunches, wine. Sold.

Moses

I had: I did the same as you, also direct sales.
    Drop me an email with your number and we can talk.
    I found that UK projects were given very low priority, so there were a number of "friday afternoon" jobs. We parted company after 2 years.

nimrod2410
    Free Member

Moses
    YGM

br
    Free Member

Most jobs I've had in the last 15 years have meant working with French subs – 2 hour lunch now less so, but August working is still a no-no.

My dad worked for Renault for 25 years in the UK, had to speak French though to get on – luckily he did.

What sector?

DrJ

Be prepared for endless micro-management and second-guessing, late arrival and late departure, and politicking behind closed doors

surfer
    Free Member

Be prepared for endless micro-management and second-guessing, late arrival and late departure, and politicking behind closed doors

Similar to UK then?

nimrod2410
    Free Member

b r
    Food import.

This company uses same Thai factories my current company uses and they want to break in to UK market.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Potential French employer – any advice’ is closed to new replies.