Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Potato/Bread allowed as 30g post exercise carbs? iDave question…
  • sc-xc

I am not the brightest, and figured that the 30g carbs should be from the allowed section (beans/veg etc)…am I missing out on something?

Cheers

(just settling down to lentil/onion/chilli/pea/watercress/pepper/garlic soup) 8)

damo2576
    Free Member

Funny, I just posted a similar question as I wasn’t quite sure about that either…

trickydisco
    Free Member

well potatoes are complex carbs and i’d say simple carbs are the one’s you want for exercising.

sc-xc

Cheers. Is bread a simple carb? I ask because I saw mention of a banana sandwich on another thread!

molgrips
    Free Member

Cooked potatoes aren’t really complex carbs since cooking converts most of the starch to sugar IIRC.

The answer is yes anyway – carbs means simple carbs that you can process quickly, to make sure it get to where it’s needed asap.

The peas/beans etc are to slowly drip-feed your system throughout the day. Before, during and after exercise you need carbs in your muscles quickly, as I understand it.

Bread is a simple carb. Well, it’s not a sugar, but it’s got a high GI which is what this is all about.

sc-xc

Cheers. So I can have a sarnie or a jkt pot? I’ll time my meal times to coincide with my exercise then, give me a bit more scope at meal time.

Thanks – although I am enjoying the beans. Mashed butterbeans with garlic and rocket last night.

trickydisco
    Free Member

I just have one of those for goodness shakes post training ride. Sorts me out.

molgrips
    Free Member

I think so yes.

Knowing that you can have something sweet and delicious can be a great motivator for getting out on the bike 🙂

However I reckon using energy products for your simple carbs is a great way of getting the right quantities without any rubbish. I’m going to be using recovery drink and Torq when I go home to pick it up.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Potato/Bread allowed as 30g post exercise carbs? iDave question…’ is closed to new replies.