Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Posting wheels – who’s best?
  • 13thfloormonk

Foolishly gave in to impulse and picked up a lovely DT road wheelset from Merlin during their recent Cyber Monday sale, they were a good price but not once I factor in the time and cost required to bodge them into my MTB spacing CX frame 🙄

Anyway, most couriers seem to baulk at the idea of a 700x900x300 box, certainly too big for DHL and Parcelforce.

Based on distant prior experience I reckon I’d probably get away with it given how light the box is, but has anyone successfully posted a wheelset sized parcel recently?

Ta

cp

Too big for parcel force?

Usually send them parcel force via senditnow.com

Edit I just tried and the dimensions are fine. You’re not confusing mm with cm when entering dimensions?

tomtomthepipersson

Sent a pair of wheels a couple of weeks ago using Parcelforce 24 (booked via Parcel2Go). Cost about 15 quid.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    13thfloormonk

Tom – were they in a cardboard box?

The Parcelforce website is telling me they are too big, think the max is something like 60cm x 60cm x 60cm or maybe 120cm x 45cm x 45cm…

Edit: reading comprehension fail apparently, pretty clear on the Parcelforce 24 website, 3m or 4m limit on length plus girth (snigger) so that’s fine. Don’t know how I didn’t see that first time of looking. Thanks both!

slowol

Interparcel of Parcel2go will act as a courier broker and sell you a delivery service.
    They just quoted me for sending a whole child’s bike and that is much bigger (150 x 27 x 83 cm).
    Parcelforce and Evri will take larger items but only booked through an account. The brokers effectively do this for you.

ads678

Always use parcelforce for frames and wheels. Generally use 48 hour and drop off at the depot as it’s the cheapest option and it’s only down the road.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.