Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Posting wheels
  • Goldigger
    Free Member

Is everyone still using my herpes(Hermes) to post wheels?
    Need to post a wheel to hope..

wwaswas

paisleyfreight are worth a try too.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Anybody noticed that wheels are on the prohibited list on parcel2go??

creamegg
    Free Member

used parcel force recently which were pretty cheap although had to convince post office to accept it due to size as it wouldn’t fit through their counter hatch. My mrs found a good deal on that parcel comparison site- cant remember what it was called now though

Leku
    Free Member

Just posted some road wheels with ParcelForce. 3.3kg in cardboard box (from the Superstar wheels I’ve just bought). £12.90 insured for £100. Tracked and signed for.

monkeyboyjc

Parcel force should post it (1.5m max length). Hermes is a bit more dodgy – the last wheel box I sent was 10cm over the max combined size of the box limits, ended up paying 2x as much with parcel force.

bruneep

Car wheels?

Filth is also prohibited

https://www.parcel2go.com/prohibited-items#prohib

Tracey

Posted a couple of sets recently. Used Parcelforce for both which were reasonable. If you ask at the counter before you post there is a promotion card that gets you at least 15% off with the code on the back and then you can register for further discounts, code looks like it can be used multiple times.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Bruneep
    Yeah that’s what I would have assumed.. so I spoke to the online help..firstly I established if I was talking to a human or a computer robot.. it was indeed a human, unheard of!

All wheels…not just car wheels. I didnt realise they were dangerous. Do they explode if taken off a bike and put into a card board box?
    So if I send a box with a rim, hub and spokes it’s not a wheel anymore?

bruneep

send as bike components then.

Goldigger
    Free Member

That’s what I’ve done…
    Technically it’s still not a wheel..as a rim, hub and spokes are 3 of 4 components that make up a wheel.
    So as I’m short of a tyre 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Posting wheels’ is closed to new replies.