Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Posting stuff to Africa, The Gambia.
  • plop_pants
    Free Member

I’m helping out a young lad in The Gambia, sending him some footy boots he desperately needs, but I’m struggling to fund a courier that is both resonably priced and competent enough to actually get a parcel there. Has any one any experience of trustworthy couriers?

twosheds
    Free Member

Hi, I visit Gambia 2/3 times a year. Involved in taking groups of school kids and adult groups to do voluntary work in schools and community projects. We stay in gunjur near the senagal border.

I’m going back in early April, posting is a nightmare and unsecure. Where does the lad live? I might be able to take them with me. Or get some cash to him so he can buy some in Gambia.

plop_pants
    Free Member

@twosheds
    Thank you for the offer of help!
    My friend lives in Tankong Kunda village, Sami district. The nearest towns are Bansang and Farafenni.

I have two pairs of boots for him and one of his team mates who play for Tankong Kunda FC.

plop_pants
    Free Member

My friend Keba has said he is willing to get a bus from his nearest town to Gunjur to pick up the boots. Looks like both places are on the same main road, North Bank Road.

Poopscoop

Got to love this forum!👍

sl80
    Free Member

Not much help for the boot situation I doubt but a guy I used to work with is going to The Gambia next week. He’s attempting to be the first person to walk the river from source to sea. He tends to pack light and carry as little as possible so there’s a slim chance he could help.
    Search “The Wildest Journey” on the usual social media places.
    I’m sure plenty on here would enjoy following his journeys.
    https://instagram.com/thewildestjourney?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=l2yqxdl2i8r3

globalti
    Free Member

We courier samples and documents regularly to Nigeria and Ghana. Recently somebody posted an envelope to my colleague in Lagos, for which I derided them roundly but about two weeks later it was actually delivered to him, to my amazement.

We use FEDEX for most small stuff but for large cartons and commercial goods there are loads of small courier outfits in London sending personal effects and goods to Nigeria and Ghana, using cargo airlines operating out of Ostend. Mostly though they do airport to airport, not door to door.

twosheds
    Free Member

It’s quite some way from down to gunjur from Farafenni. He would have to get a bus down to Brikama then over to Gunjur. I’m staying at the Gunjur Project Lodge. (A great place if you are ever planning to vist Gambia)

plop_pants
    Free Member

Thanks Twosheds,I have spoken to him and he is very happy to make the trip.
    4 hours each way he reckons . He’s quite a determined chap!
    Can you let me know if it is still ok for you to take the boots? As I say, I do have two pairs to go but if you can take one pair that would still be great.

twosheds
    Free Member

I’ve sent you a pm…😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Posting stuff to Africa, The Gambia.’ is closed to new replies.