Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Posting stuff recorded / tracked – Alternatives to Royal Mail Signed For
  • beamers

Morning all

The time has come for us to start flogging the not insignificant amount of clothes that the Beamlets have grown out of. E-bay is likely going to be the outlet for this stuff.

Are there cheaper alternatives to the Royal Mail Signed For service provided by people other than the Royal Mail?

Who uses what?

Ta in advance.

Northwind

I use Hermes- they’re a little erratic sometimes but I’ve done five or six hundred now and they’ve only had trouble with 4 or 5, and mostly they were easily resolved- they tend to just write off the item almost immediately and pay out compensation without fuss. It also integrates nicely with ebay so you can import addresses etc.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Another vote for Hermes. Sent around 150 parcels, one lost, one damaged and no issues with compensation claim on both occasions.

mudshark
    Free Member

I’ve mostly used Hermes, and claimed ok for a damaged item, but just booked a Collect+ for the 1st time as buyer wants it delivered to a store for him to collect.

footflaps

For clothes I use Royal Mail Small parcel 2nd class signed for, which is £3.80 IIRC, you can buy it online as well (through Ebay or direct).

sandwicheater

+5 for Hermes, never had an issue.
    I’ve never paid the extra £1 for a signature as they get one regardless (or so i’ve found).

beamers

Cheers all.

jonba
    Free Member

Bit late to this party but recently I’ve been using collect plus a lot. Pay and print out things at home. Drop off at conveniently open newsagents on the way into work.

Not had any issues – pricing is straight forward, generally cheaper than royal mail.

mrlugz
    Free Member

What Jon said.

I’ve had no issues with collect+ either.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

DPD have a handy drop off close to me. So I use them.

I can’t recommend myHerpes. They’re the cheapest for a reason.

xico
    Free Member

Hermes, here. Cheap, easy drop off at the local shop and so far no problems. BTW, no need to pay the extra £1 for a signature on low value stuff as the online tracking information itself gives proof of delivery.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Parcel Force.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Posting stuff recorded / tracked – Alternatives to Royal Mail Signed For’ is closed to new replies.