Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Posting pics…
  • deviant
    Free Member

Yeah I know it’s been done to death but this has to be the most user unfriendly forum I go on with regards to posting pics…please how do you do it!?

whitestone
    Free Member

Really?

Find image on web, right click and grab address, return to your post, click the “img” button and paste the address. If you use something like imgur then there’s options to get the properly formatted code so you don’t even have to click the “img” button.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rOcKeTdOg

johnw1984
    Free Member

Bit OT, but my missus knows you Rocketdog 🙂

She recognized your Smokestone earlier (Nicola, Pearl Izumi thing).

rOcKeTdOg

Bit OT, but my missus knows you Rocketdog

She recognized your Smokestone earlier (Nicola, Pearl Izumi thing).

that’s my identical twin, he does all that industry smoozing stuff

johnw1984
    Free Member

lol, I knew it!

I use Postimages.org to do the pics now and it’s brilliant!

metalheart
    Free Member

Wondering whether this will work…

Yay! Flickr, from the iPad: Camera roll, select picture, go big on screen and ‘copy’ then paste into img… 😆

Poopscoop

johnw1984 – Member
    lol, I knew it!
    I use Postimages.org to do the pics now and it’s brilliant!

Ditto. 🙂

Trekster
    n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Someone here recently gave the following link to embed Google Photo images.

https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/

And OMG meltdown moment, a random snap from my cat3/4 hillfest ride on Friday… It works! 😯 8)

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yay! Flickr, from the iPad: Camera roll, select picture, go big on screen and ‘copy’ then paste into img

Sounds easy, let’s have a go…

Hmmm. Nope. Must be an iPhone thing. Got Android.

funkmasterp

Be sure to delete the http bit in the image box before pasting

DickBarton

Royal mail do a decent job if the envelope the pics are in is reinforced.

twistedpencil

Yay, only taken over a decade…

Fair play to Ling.

metalheart
    Free Member

It only seems to work if you’re in camera roll mode and you ‘enlarge’ the thumbprint image into the larger view.

Well, the normal page doesn’t come up with a ‘copy’ when I press it. Probably work if you went to a specific image to download.

Oh, and yeah, delete the http:/ bit in the img dialogue box…

aracer
    Free Member

I was all excited for a moment, but it only gets rid of the most simple part of the process, so I don’t think I’ll bother – I paste the links in https://goo.gl/ instead and that works just as well, eg:

hodgynd
    Free Member

Posting images from an Android Smartphone …these are specific to a Galaxy S7 edge.
    Both the Flickr App & the Flickr Lite App need to be installed.

Screenshot_20171029-080921 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

20171029_084002 by Neil HodgsonFlickr2BBcode LITE

Hope this makes sense ..and helps !

jambalaya
    Free Member

Posting pic of hand written instructions – chapeau 🙂

Flickr – stopped using that as they took away mobile support for pic upload and generally buggered up the app
    Photobucket stopped using that when they wanted to charge $500 pa
    Imgur working well ….

allthepies
    Free Member

Ah…. “FLICKR APP”, must get new glasses.

chvck
    Free Member

These google image links, are they permanent or do they expire after a while? I seem to remember that they used to stop working after a while.

binners

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

Now let me just see if I get this right, urmmm..

oops 😯

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I used to use imgupr to upload photos from iOS but that’s dead now. The imgur app is crap for it. (At least I’m finding it that way with the app and the mobile site.)

Somebody (think it might have been Drac) posted a link a while back for a laite to take photo, upload then extract BB code to post on forum. Anybody remember which one it was?

hodgynd
    Free Member

Jamba..
    I’m still using that to post my pics …?

aracer
    Free Member

Looking through my goog.gl links most of the older ones seem to be broken – I’m sure I shared them properly in the first place (I can’t have got it wrong for all of those, I know what I’m supposed to do!) Indeed when I check my shared images they’re still in the list – I can even see the image in an incognito window if I go via my shared images list, so I can only assume it’s the direct link to the images which expires rather than the share.

So hotlinking from google seems probably to be a bad idea even if you can be bothered to jump through the hoops – I’ll try not to do it again.

shermer75
    Free Member

With the Imgur app on Android you need to long press on the image and then select ‘copy link’, instead of using the usual ‘share’ button. Which is weird and annoying..

jambalaya
    Free Member

^^ same for iOS .. not a big deal imho

MrWoppit
    Free Member

O.K. So…

Nope.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Do what I said above ..ive just checked with Play store and you can still install both the Flickr App for android and The FlickrBB Lite App

metalheart
    Free Member

Yup I also get it work if I go to a photo, select the download icon, select a size and let that page load. The ‘press’ on the image to get copy then paste into IMG… (in iOS).

willej

OMG it does work from Google Photos! No more faffing about with Flickr! Hoorah, nice one n0b0dy0ftheg0at.

sadexpunk

These google image links, are they permanent or do they expire after a while? I seem to remember that they used to stop working after a while.

Looking through my goog.gl links most of the older ones seem to be broken – I’m sure I shared them properly in the first place (I can’t have got it wrong for all of those, I know what I’m supposed to do!) Indeed when I check my shared images they’re still in the list – I can even see the image in an incognito window if I go via my shared images list, so I can only assume it’s the direct link to the images which expires rather than the share.

So hotlinking from google seems probably to be a bad idea even if you can be bothered to jump through the hoops – I’ll try not to do it again.

OMG it does work from Google Photos! No more faffing about with Flickr! Hoorah, nice one n0b0dy0ftheg0at.

i discovered this in one of the previous threads on posting images. thought we’d got a workaround for it which seemed to be successful, but the photo always disappeared after a while. sometimes hours, sometimes days, but they never lasted.

now just use imgur for posting images, nothing else as it doesnt seem very user friendly for proper personal storage. easy-peasy for stw/forum pics tho.

GRAEMEJONES

Yes! Success on Flikr as above for iOS, download photo, select size, let the page load, press on image to get copy, then paste into img. Delete the http bit from img. 🙂

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Tried Imgur, google+, Google photos and no joy.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

My Google Photos photo of Butser Hill cafe still lives on page 1 for me. 😯

Drac

Works if you follow Noboby.. advice on page one and use https://ctrlq.org/google/photos/ Stevemuir.

whitestone
    Free Member

@stevenmenmuir What device are you trying to do this on? The instructions for Imgur that I gave are for the desktop site, I believe Metalheart gave those for mobile. Here’s a shot from yesterday:

On desktop:

hover mouse pointer over image, a couple of items will appear, one says copy the other is a down pointing arrow.
    Hover over the down pointing arrow and then click on “Get share links”
    A dialog appears with four options
    Click on the “BBForums” option, this will copy the code into your computer’s buffer
    Return to STW and just paste using right click or Ctrl+v, no need to use the IMG button.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

My Butser cafe photo from Google Photos using that embedding link still lives! 😯

Easily new record for photo still existing for me. 8)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Posting pics…’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts