• This topic has 18 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Posting images
  • claudie

I have failed dismally and spent an embarrassingly large amount of time trying to do this so please help. I have set up a Flickr account and followed the guidelines in the help but the step where it says select from one of the two boxes doesn’t help – these boxes don’t exist. I tried various things but should I see the image in the dialogue box or just the link? Is there an idiots guide for Mac users, I’ve tried searching but the results are either too complicated or out of date. Thanks

Drac

Use Postimage.org and the direct link option as Flickr is a bit crap these days.

sweepy
    Free Member

test

did it work?

dogbone

that’s so much easier than Flickr

claudie

Thanks Drac but I’m still being a bit thick. Once I’ve copied the direct link do I select the img tab in the dialogue box and paste it there or just paste into the dialogue box. And should I see the image in the dialogue box or just the script?

Thanks

Drac

No just paste straight into dialogue box sorry I wasn’t clearer.

claudie

https://i.postimg.cc/Hsf9QdXr/76-D209-AD-C776-4-DC2-B36-F-7288-F7-F73-FF9.jpg

Sorry Drac but I only get the script, not the image

ssbnreso
    Free Member

Hurray!

Drac

Odd what do you use for browsing on here?

ssbnreso
    Free Member

claudie

https://i.postimg.cc/Hsf9QdXr/76-D209-AD-C776-4-DC2-B36-F-7288-F7-F73-FF9.jpg

Sorry Drac but I only get the script, not the image

Use the ‘hot link for forums’ link

a11y

I’ve only finally figured out how to post images from Flirckr (on a Mac) – I was stumped for ages until I realised pics don’t show in ‘preview’, and I was always reluctant to submit a post until I was sure it was working.

This is the BBcode option from Flickr, using safari:

ssbnreso
    Free Member

Worked for me, safari on iPhone. First success I’ve had posting an image for a while.

Cheers Drac

claudie

Does this work

Drac

That’s working.

a11y

Claudie, yup. Nice Giant.

claudie

Thank you all, and knowing that the image doesn’t show in the dialogue box is key!

Anyway, new bike and I’m loving it. Replaced a slack 27.5 hard tail and it is so fast and nimble – much prefer the tighter head angle and 29 wheels.

Also first giant in 28 years of mtb’s, really impressed with attention to detail. And to Paul’s cycles for outstanding service and telephone support

cyclelife
    Free Member

Just seeing if I can do it!

Yes 🙂

antigee

no problem with flickr here – just make the image public…click on share arrow – select BB code – copy the link – paste the link and then delete all the crap either side of the IMG BB code

using a pc mind you….might give the suggestion a go on my phone

rather than an one one big dog here’s an one one and a big dog…

Drac

Thank you all, and knowing that the image doesn’t show in the dialogue box is key!

Just to confuse matters if the link is direct it shows a preview.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.