• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by cp.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Posting bike – can i just walk into the post office?
  • timthetinyhorse

Have a bike to post this week (and its been a while since i sent one)

Can I just walk into the post office with it or do i need to book a courier?

Thanks

tomhoward

How’s your money:sense ratio? If it falls firmly to the money side then yeah go for it…

I assume it’s boxed up etc?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I’ve posted a couple of bikes from my small local post office. If they offer the Parcelforce service then they have got to expect some pretty big parcels walking through the door.

timthetinyhorse

yeah boxed up and ready to go.

Not down to money/sense more ease of getting things done as working all week so waiting about for a courier isnt an option.

Thanks

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Posting a bike via the post office isn’t that expensive is it.?

trusty

I’ve had a post office refuse to take a boxed bike due to the size, despite the parcel force website and booking saying they would. The parcel force depot weren’t happy about taking it either. I’ve sent frames fine, but beware sending a whole bike!

sprootlet
    Free Member

I had no problems at our local post office but you might want to check after Trusty’s experience

ctk
    Free Member

Go to Parcelforce website I think there is an option to drop at depot.

I wouldn’t take to my P.O because its so small.

tjagain

there is a maximum set of dimensions for parcel force – I think its a bit small for a complete bike although I have done it successfully

chakaping
    Free Member

My local PO won’t take parcels that don’t fit through the security airlock thingy.

I had a stand-up row with the mardy cow that works there (more about her attitude TBH). They did take my parcel that time, but I wouldn’t recommend it.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Posting bike – can i just walk into the post office?

Ride in.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

If you use parcels to go then you can send it via parcel force for much less than going to them directly. I sent a 25kg tow bar to the other end of the country for under £10. I was expecting to get knocked back but no, it all worked out okay.

lyrikal
    Free Member

Book it in via the senditnow website and drop it off, couldn’t be easier. Senditnow works out a bit cheaper for posting a bike, it is part of the parcel force business.

cp

Book it via senditnow and drop off at your local post office. Cheap and easy.

Edit – haha, as above

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Posting bike – can i just walk into the post office?’ is closed to new replies.