• This topic has 61 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by lowey.
Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Postie's Just Been… My Life is Now Complete…
  • cbmotorsport
    Free Member

i had a black widow catapult when i was younger…parents wouldnt have approved so i kept it hidden in the back yard.
    then a mate damaged it so i had to get it fixed…then i got busted by my mum

This. I rode my bike to our local airgun/fishing/outdoor shop and bought a black widow. Kept it hidden for a week, but was so pleased with it, showed it to my dad (who I thought was on my side) he promptly told my mum who embarrassingly marched me back to the shop demanding a refund. They refused as it had been used and she just left it there with them, so I lost my pocket money and the catapult. 🙁 Still scarred to this day.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Got home last night and spent an hour in the sunshine firing ball bearings at a tree stump

Wow, you are easily amused.

sam_underhill

I really wanted a black widow as a kid, but wasn’t allowed one. Luckily my grandad stepped in and helped me make a catapult from a stick with 1/4″ elastic. It out gunned my mates black widow quite considerably!

I like the look of the OP’s new toy. I must step away from amazon!

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

Wow, you are easily amused.

I know! When I was done, I poured myself into a Lycra suit, put on a silly hat and rode my bike as fast as I possibly could for 10 miles. For some strange reason, it kept me entertained for a few minutes…

On Sunday, I shall choose a bike from my garage and ride it all day, for no reason whatsoever!

It’s quite wonderful to be so intellectually retarded that I can gain amusement from the most simple pleasures! 🙄

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Ooooh..! Hark at her!

I just meant an hour aiming at a tree stump is pretty dull, a range of targets, objects, distances, I can understand.

DrP

I like to fire jelly babies against brick walls – really satisfying for some reason.

“We need to talk about Saccades…”

DrP

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

I just meant an hour aiming at a tree stump is pretty dull, a range of targets, objects, distances, I can understand.

It was recycling bin day yesterday, so I had no tin cans… 🙄

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

Why did I just click Redthunder’s link… This was in similar items

Link

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

I think I might have jumped in too soon with the Pro Diablo II, I should have done more research and bought this bad boy!

Saccades
    Free Member

DrP – Member
    I like to fire jelly babies against brick walls – really satisfying for some reason.
    “We need to talk about Saccades…”

DrP

It’s the splat sound more than the fact they are baby shaped tbf.

fasthaggis

I should have done more research and bought this bad boy!

[quote]

Before you up your weapon,have a look at Slingshot Video Goes Horribly Wrong* on youtube,a good reminder of what speedy ball bearings could do.

* not real,but not for the faint hearted 🙂

Daffy

Is there one of these that fits in a jersey pocket? I’m thinking of road rage response here…

slimjim78
    Free Member

Cyclingweakly – I feel like you just became my new best friend.

Questions, can I have a go?. And, wanna play radio controlled cars next?

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

Cyclingweakly – I feel like you just became my new best friend.

Me and the rest of the gang will have a meeting in the treehouse to decide your initiation… 😆

slimjim78
    Free Member

Ok, but I’m bat shit crazy and will do anything dumb if goaded.

By the way, my friends call me ‘Dragon’

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

If you’ve got a remote control car, I’m sure you’ll fit in just fine… Dragon. 😉

redthunder
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GuUaS8]Broken Arrow UK[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

loddrik
    Free Member

I bought a black widow a couple of years ago to decimate the local magpie population which seemed to spend far too much time in my garden bullying smaller birds. Dunno how they got wind of it but I swear as soon as it got delivered the magpies disappeared.

Mowgli
    Free Member

This thread has brought back some good memories and I am tempted to buy one of things I was never allowed as a kid – a proper archery kit. I know proper archers would probably laugh as this set for £80, but I expect it will still be able to put arrows into cardboard boxes stacked up at the end of my garage. Anyone got a reason not to? Don’t have to hide it from Mum now 😈

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

That’ll be proper good fun Mowgli! I used to shoot Olympic Recurve at a national level and some of the best times we had ere dicking about with little Hungarian bows after comps. We also had ‘clout’ and ‘flight’ competitions which were great with those sort of bows.

As an aside, we used to have an informal contest to decide who shot first on club days – we’d see who could throw an arrow the furthest down the range. One day, I hid a length of fishing line with a loop on one end in my hand, hooked the loop over the knock and used it to ‘slingshot’ an arrow over 150 yards!!

Try it, it’s great fun!

lowey

Cant beleive the amounts of stories about not being allowed a Black Widow. I wanted one so bad but knew that there was no chance being allowed. Anyway, saved up dinner money (went without lunch for months) and cycled over to the next town and bought one. It was my prized possession. Managed to keep it hidden for months. My dad for some reason had loads of lead pipe in the garage and I used to spend mornings in there with a pump up primus stove and steel ladle making lead shot from the pipe. Got rumbled when my dad finally found a bag full of home made lead shot.

Happy days. Throwing cans in the nearby reservoir and shooting them.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Postie's Just Been… My Life is Now Complete…’ is closed to new replies.