Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Posties
  • redmex
    Free Member

What is it with postie’s wearing shorts in January? Pouring with rain here and a stiff breeze. They just walk whereas footballers run for 90 mins then a hot shower awaits them. Maybe if we had a climate like Palma eg but this is Eastern Scotland

avdave2

I was a postman for 2 years and when I handed my uniform back in my winter coat was unworn. I did go at some pace though. There were others who were so slow they went wrapped in every layer they could get on. We didn’t have shorts back then, I’d not have worn them in January though as my knees have never liked the cold

SaxonRider

As someone who gets cold right through – and especially, for some reason, my legs – just seeing posties doing this makes me want to curl up in front of a fire.

And I don’t think it necessarily has to do with movement. I wear another pair of tights under my roubaix winter bibs for extra warmth.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tjagain

My local postie has eight sets of 100 stairs to climb in a couple of hundred metres or so of his round so I suspect that keeps him warm.

faerie
    Free Member

Shorts are more comfortable and dry faster than trousers in wet and windy weather, bare legs also warm up faster when they get back in their van

footflaps

What is it with postie’s wearing shorts in January?

I wear shorts all year round, we’ve not had a proper cold winter for yonks!

gnusmas

I wear shorts all year round, we’ve not had a proper cold winter for yonks!

Me too! People are surprised that I don’t actually own a pair of everyday trousers, but do own several pairs of shorts. I had to go and but some trousers and a shirt for Lyanda’s funeral, although everybody expected me to be there in shorts.

redmex
    Free Member

We’ll I work outside and if below when “will I see you again” the tights thinest cycling ones are on too

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Posties’ is closed to new replies.