Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 319 total)
  • Posters on here you miss
  • tomhoward

So TSY,

Wot woz u banned 4?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

metalheart – Member

And that luthier guy, I think it was jahwomble?

Thanks metalheart, I had a mental block and could only remember that his username started with a “J”.

I particularly miss jahwomble. He was exceptionally gifted with an amazing intellect imo, and who iirc was mentally scarred and tortured by post traumatic stress as a result of his experiences in conflict zones.

It’s been over 5 years since he took his own life and I for one still miss his contributions on here 🙁

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/jahwomble-rip

scotroutes

brant

* waits *

arrpee
    Free Member

No mention of Nealglover yet?

Haven’t seen anything from Bigdummy in a while; his contributions often made me laugh.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Haven’t seen anything from Bigdummy in a while; his contributions often made me laugh.

IIRC, he’s either in Hong Kong or Singapore now, so posts at odd times.

*Edit – Hong Kong.

jam-bo

I miss Trailmonkey, his revolutionary fervour made me feel like a lightweight reformist

He just started working in my office. Only rides road bikes now.

thestubbornyeti
    Free Member

Auntie C-G, how are you? I’m all good ta, would kinda like the old name back… or at least some spaces and capital letters in this one.

I wasn’t banned tomhoward. I was on tour.

Jamie
    Free Member

Wot woz u banned 4?

He got grassed up to the mods by someone who really didn’t like him.

Something about criticising someone’s religion….or diet or something.

mefty
    Free Member

Good you got his back Jamie, wouldn’t want him being solo.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

jam bo – Member
    I miss Trailmonkey, his revolutionary fervour made me feel like a lightweight reformist
    He just started working in my office. Only rides road bikes now.

Forgot about him. Enjoyed that ride he guided us on Dartmoor.

And you scratched your new Totems Jambo….. 😆

scotroutes

TBF, there was a time on here when it was much the same thing.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

TBF, there was a time on here when it was much the same thing.

Everyone got a refund, though.

I think.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

2002 – 2006 The Classic Trolling years. Before the mods got heavy(ish) 😐

scotroutes

FTFY

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆

Jamie
    Free Member

2002 – 2006 The Classic Trolling years. Before the mods got heavy(ish)

Tags.

One of the best things about this forum was the tags, and the incoming new forum of course, but they were crippled because the powers that be thought they were being used for bullying.

For every surfmat=awesome or TJ goes into orbit, you would have a hundred other VOLVO FOR SALE or other witty comment on the thread. This place died a little when they went.

thestubbornyeti
    Free Member

Volvo for sale 😆

Jamie = cupcake

leffeboy

Have the tags gone?

mefty
    Free Member

Does Sharki ever post?

scotroutes

Not if you choose to leave one

jedi

ernie i’m scary??

mefty
    Free Member

Not if you choose to leave one

Really

Jamie
    Free Member

Got a ways to go before we see the halcyon levels the tags used to reach….

Junkyard
    Free Member

It’s like it was in the good old days pre the upgrade.

What was volvo for sale all about ?

Cynical does not post much these days

thestubbornyeti
    Free Member

Jamie I’m reporting you to the mods for posting images with mysoginnyizmistic content.

Jamie
    Free Member

Probably for the best.

teasel
    Free Member

Tags.

One of the best things about this forum was the tags, and the incoming new forum of course, but they were crippled because the powers that be thought they were being used for bullying.

For every surfmat=awesome or TJ goes into orbit, you would have a hundred other VOLVO FOR SALE or other witty comment on the thread. This place died a little when they went.

Respectfully, I disagree. I like a good ol’ laugh and ribbin’ as much as the next **** but when someone posts this among the VOLVO etc it gets shit very quickly…

don’t post on his threads and he’ll go away exasperated

That’s really, really nasty intent right there. I’ve written it before and I’ll do so again – whoever wrote that is a horrible and sad little prick and they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

Anyway, as you were. Far be it from me to put an end to this hilarity…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ernie i’m scary??

I meant funny.

I think.

EDIT : 😉

Cougar

Tags.

This place died a little when they went.

Um. They’re still here…?

scotroutes

The 3-word limit on tags disappeared. While it was in place it did encourage folk to be creative.

The other change was that you could previously tag without posting. Now you only get the chance when you post something. I guess it might have reduced anonymity a little.

Jamie
    Free Member

Um. They’re still here…?

Weird. Could have sworn I edited that comment. What it should have said was when they were crippled/modified from being a free for all, to only P members and only when submitting a post.

@teasel

I totally respect your right to be passive aggressive.

don’t post on his threads and he’ll go away exasperated

Where did that quote come from, tho?

Junkyard
    Free Member

what do you want me to put up for you cupcake?

teasel
    Free Member

I totally respect your right to be passive aggressive.

🙂 Ain’t nothing passive about me.

From here…

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bearing-bearings-bearings-who-thinks-they-know-the-score

Jamie
    Free Member

To be honest, the tags were not the harshest thing about that thread, and it’s spin off.

Not excusing the tags, but genuinely surprised at some of the venom in the actual thread….from regulars as well.

stewartc
    Free Member

For those missing BigDummy, he is still in HK as far as I am aware (ride with him locally and on location occasionally), great bloke and fun social commentator but seems to have kept his head down on that front recently.

Cougar

I guess it might have reduced anonymity a little.

Not excusing the tags,

FWIW, the tags aren’t anonymous (ie, they are publicly perhaps, but we can see who posted them.)

Makes You Think.™

teasel
    Free Member

Not excusing the tags, but genuinely surprised at some of the venom in the actual thread….from regulars as well.

Likewise. I read their stuff now and they seem reasonably well-balanced folk.

I guess everyone slips now and again.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Pete36……..

mboy
    Free Member

Walt, Plitts, MillwallGaz, Oldgit, Fatknacker, The Hood, AndyC, Mousefinder General, RiggsyB, Pepper, Jedi

I’m still here (RiggsyB)! 😀

After the forum got old forum got burnt, I went to re-register and after an enforced layoff (had no internet for about 6 weeks iirc) I found somebody else had already registered my forum name! So I became mboy… There we go…

Pepper is still on here, though he’s now randomly capitalised his name. Still see him occasionally. Jedi’s very much on here, though like he says, has to lay low a little, he’s coached half the forum in the last couple of years I’m sure so he has to be a bit quiet for his bank balance’s sake! 😉

Not heard off AndyC in a while… Oldgit is still on here apparently. Dunno about the others you mention.

Mrmichaelwright

He’s very much still posting on facebook… Not seen him in a while, believe he still rides, mostly on bikes that should have been retired 15 years ago or so!

Louisa-aka-Bliggy and Mike-aka-BigMike.

(I may have got the names wrong) So much teen angst, didn’t Mike grow up to be a normal adult and is still on here? I don’t think Louisa actually had a bike?

Big Mike is pretty much everything he wasn’t 10 years ago (but then he is 30 now!)… He only lives about 1/4 of a mile from me, despite that, I’ve not seen him in years! He’s on facebook though. He’s a head chef at a well regarded restautant these days, he’s married, owns his own house etc. Don’t think he rides any more (certainly last time I saw him he mentioned he was thinking of getting back into it, but I didn’t hear off him then in ages), he seems to be a “1940’s enthusiast” for lack of a better word (pics of him and his missus in WW2 time garb in pretty much every picture he posts).

Agony Aunt.

On Facebook

Polly (what’s happened to her?)

On Facebook too

Midlandstrailquestgraham (?) was always good for stories of how he kept breaking bike parts

He’s on Facebook too. Not seen him in a while, but he’s a lot busier than he used to be I understand (proper relationship and all). Still lots of pics of him either wholly unsuitable equipment, especially tandems, and he’s still a militant Vegan by all accounts.

Anybody heard from iDave? Nah, didn’t think so.

Think I missed the iDave “fall from grace” moment. I met him when he bought my old laptop off me, thought he was a pretty nice chap to be fair! Don’t know how or why I missed it, what happened to him then?

what ever happened to philconciquence since the .gif thread

Yeah, Phil was sound. Real nice guy in person, shame he’s not about any more (that we know of).

Does Sharki ever post?

Seemingly less and less. He’s still on facebook, and fortunately seems to be busy wandering around and taking photos of things keeping himself amused still. One of the nicest most genuine people you could ever meet, fortunately he seems to have come through the worst of his mental health battles from what I can tell.

BigDummy
    Free Member

he’s .. in Hong Kong … now, so posts at odd times.

Yeah. This place isn’t a lot of fun when it’s dead as a door-nail. I read a bit.

🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 319 total)

The topic ‘Posters on here you miss’ is closed to new replies.