Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Post Xmas Swinley. 27th or 28th…Who’s playing ?
  • weeksy

Will be looking to remove some turkey and pudding from the waistline…

Who’s up for some Swinley love ?

thepurist

Not me – I’m going for the pre-emptive strike on Xmas Eve

Akers

If it’s a morning ride I could be tempted…

w00dster

Would love to meet up with some of you Swinley locals. I’ve never ridden it before and previous rides you’ve done sound like fun. Unfortunately I’m visiting family after Xmas – a pre-Xmas ride would be better for me if thats an option?

weeksy

I can’t do pre-xmas as got plans i’m afraid, but if that’s where the thread leads, then don’t think i’ll be offended 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Haha! I’ll bet a Cadbury Selection Box that Weeksy doesn’t turn up 😆

jaminb
    Free Member

I’m in either day as long as I behave over xmas and Boxing Day

Kryton57

I’m tempted.

weeksy

Thought I’d stick this back to the top. Currently no plans for either day. But really need to pick one.

So, how about 27th@9.30am at start of the blue. Not sure yet if I’ll be alone or whether I’ll have my boy with me.

AdamT

Am tempted. Might try to bring one, or both boys. I can only make 27th.

nathb
    Free Member

Can I borrow your FS? It’s more fun than my hard tail haha.

weeksy

you can borrow my HT 🙂

Kryton57

I’ll play this by ear as officially I’m working. Will test the bosses reaction / my need to be available today…

cokie

I keep missing these!
    Working sadly.

DrP

How long do you usually stay there for??
    A few hours?

DrP

weeksy

I’d say a couple of hours yeah, then coffee/cake in the cafe and finally for me and my lad, KFC on the way home 🙂

nathb
    Free Member

No deal @weeksy 😆

I’ll see closer to the time if I can make it, have you invited @crosshair?

weeksy

NAh, I messaged him on Whatsapp about using his power meter for a test about 2 weeks ago when i was discussing the Snap, but he never came back to me, add to that i’ve not seen him on any Strava list for months, i’m assuming he’s moved-on from cycling as he is sometimes prone to doing.

I may have an alternative though, which funnily enough is exactly like mine 🙂 Another T-130. My mates one is in my garage as i was fitting him a new headset. So if it’s a game changer, then i’ll ride his and you can ride mine 🙂 Same bike, same size…

razorrazoo

Would love to but have too much going on to make it sadly. Babymaker was running really well on the Bikehub Xmas Ride the other weekend too.

theotherjonv

I’ll have to see how the land lies, and how good I’ve been on Boxing Day….. room for a slow fattie on a SS shakedown?

theotherjonv

Is this on tomorrow? Half nine at the blue?

jamesoz

If ‘that bloody car’ decides to work tomorrow I’d be up for it.

weeksy

I’ll be there, wasn’t sure if anyone else was. I’ll have my 10 year old, he can ride when the mood takes him, but when he’s not feeling it he may be a pain lol. If he’s a pain we’ll go a different way.

theotherjonv

Ok, as long as it doesn’t revert to parts on the way, I’ll be riding there from deepcut on my shonky parts bin spingleseed.

jamesoz

Car not playing ball.

weeksy

Met jonv along with another stwer who’s name now escapes me sorry.

My lad had no legs, no form and, well, nothing lol.

Sorry Jon.

Did 70min and called it a day. Now in KFC

theotherjonv

Don Corleone.

No bother, did another 45 mins beyond the bench and then seagull and a bit. Spingleseed held together but no front brake made braking preparation and speed control a challenge in places. That’s a tomorrow job then!

He can keep the handwarmer, it’s reusable….just drop into a pan of simmering water and wait for it to turn liquid. Bend the silver disc back and forward to start it off.

weeksy

Only found that when cleaning out the car. Was going to shout you later.

theotherjonv

just keep hold…ten a penny on ebay

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Ha that would be me on the cx 🙂 sorry could not join for longer as would have been in trouble. Nice to meet you guys…. Must sort another ride out where hopefully more will make it!

weeksy

CX looked cool as heck. Looked terribly uncomfortable too, but cool!

Kryton57

What were the conditions at Swinley?

theotherjonv

fine, few puddles, hardly any mud.

weeksy

Yeah got back remarkably clean! Was riding lovely.

Kryton57

Blimey! That was dry. I went today with junior – his first time and on his new Whyte 403 (26) he’s had for Christmas. We did 2 laps of blue/red in 4hrs at his pace – he was flagging at the end.

He earned some bragging rights by making it up the Big Hill twice, and by impressing some old geezers on YT Capra’s on the ramps/berms/down which he really picked up the pace on 2nd lap with renewed confidence.

I have to say, that Whyte is a stunning piece of kit for the money, glad I didn’t go down an Isla/Frog route now.

weeksy

Great stuff! Top job!!

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Post Xmas Swinley. 27th or 28th…Who’s playing ?’ is closed to new replies.