Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Post ride Pint Guide…
  • SOAP
    Free Member

So most trail centres and some natural stuff I ride are in pretty sketchy areas..
    Would anyone like to add OK after ride Pubs for a pint.
    FOD we will stop in the Miners Arms in Lydney

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The Tyn Y Groes at CYB
    The Refreshment Rooms at Cymmer after Afan
    The Swan at Enford after a blast on Salisbury Plain

IHN

Rising Sun, Cleeve Hill
    Farmer’s Arms, Guiting Power

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    asterix
    Free Member

Bryn Tyrch Capel Curig

SOAP
    Free Member

The Quantocks- The Rising Sun, The Plough

binners

After any rides around our neck of the woods this place is compulsory

EDIT: just noticed they’re doing a pint and a pie for a fiver. Result. Thats Saturdays ride and lunch sorted then 😀

peteimpreza

The Daneway, Sapperton

tang
    Free Member

The Woolpack – Slad or The Prince Albert – Stroud

IHN

The Bell (?) or The Bear in Bisley
    The Bell in Churchdown

To be honest, I’ve rarely found a pub I didn’t like after a ride.

matt_outandabout

Mabie hotel, at er, Mabie

twang
    Free Member

To be honest, I’ve rarely found a pub I didn’t like after a ride.

this

Our local Thursday night White Peak/Derbyshire Dales routes usually start/finish at the Church Inn, Darley Dale

SOAP
    Free Member

Twang and IHN have you been to merthyr shitsfil or cwncarn?
    Mendips- Swan inn

boxfish
    Free Member

Black Horse, Portbury. Zummertime zoider. Arrrrr.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Racing at Newnham? Miner’s Arms in Hemerdon for all your requirements chips/posh food loads of proper ale. You can leave you bike in the beer garden and they are welcoming wet cyclists/walkers in the ‘pub’ bit (sit-down restaurant is a bit too nice for riding clothes IMO)
    There’s a pub in Bicknoller Village in the ‘tox that is quite good and there are worse places than the village hall car park to start/end your ride.

mattjg
    Free Member

Surrey Hills: Abinger Hatch at Abinger Common is a current fave.

Honourable mentions to: Kings Head @ Holmbury St Mary, The Volunteer (1/2 way between the Hatch and the KH), Stephan Langton @ Friday Street, Plough @ Coldharbour, King Willy 4 @ Mickleham. All are muddy biker friendly & serve good pints & chaps.

Haven’t been in the ‘new’ village pub at Peaslake yet (Hurtwood Inn as was) but hope to rectify that soon.

You can make a great bike & beer route around them thar hills! Lucky we are.

Kryton57

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    The Tyn Y Groes at CYB

Just don’t get suckered into a late night pickled egg eating competition with the locals…

noteeth
    Free Member

Very dear to my heart:

Mendip – The Crown, The Hunters Lodge, The Queen Vic.

Bristol – the Nova.

asterix
    Free Member

+1 for the KW4 @ Mickleham one of my old favs

RustySpanner

Pen Y Gwryd in Snowdonia.
    Big fire, great Guinness, history.

Farmer’s Arms in Muker – possibly the best pub in Yorkshire, but the Bolton Arms just over the hill from the Dales Bike Centre runs it close.

Try The Bull in Deiniolen if you fancy something different.
    Reminds me of The Museum in Moston, but without the charm and ambience.

wallop

If I’m on the Mendips I head to the Swan.

If in Bristol with the Cheesies then it’s the Portcullis in Clifton Village. If on a solo/husband ride then it’s somewhere on the harbour – Nova or Cottage, depending on where the sun is!

noteeth
    Free Member

depending on where the sun is

On that note… I forgot the Miners Rest in Long Ashton, a top sundown spot. Tricky though – it’s a kind of mid-ride location, so you can’t get too hammered.

Ah, I miss summer.

peteimpreza

Can we post some non UK suggestions as well?

mogrim

OK, the terraza on the Dehesa de Villalba is great from about April onwards.

RustySpanner

Dick Mack’s in Dingle – buy some flip flops, have a pint and get your hair cut, without leaving your seat.

Top pub.

fatboyjon

For anyone riding the Roman Lakes/Western Peak/Hayfield area, you’re spoilt for choice but the regularity with which we end up in the Ring’o’Bells in Marple means it deserves an honourable mention. Decent beer (if you like Robinsons – nbt this could be aimed at you), a nice warm fire and a big pile of newspaper to sit on so you don’t need to ruin the upholstery or drop trow and upset the regulars.

peteimpreza

Café des Negociants, Le Bourg d’Oisans

Cantina, bottom of the Pohorje bike park, Maribor

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The Last Drop, at La Manga, after a sunset Run to the Guns, The Wall, Catfight and Three Marias sort of ride.

Smugglers, Stanley, HK, after a sticky ride in the hills.

The Station, Chantemerle. OK, so I’ve only been in winter, but I just know it will be superb in summer as well.

wallop

On that note… I forgot the Miners Rest in Long Ashton, a top sundown spot. Tricky though – it’s a kind of mid-ride location, so you can’t get too hammered.

Ah, I miss summer.

I did give a thought to that one – I have a mate who lives in LA and we have been there. The view from the garden is just… lush.

But yes, it’s not quite on the way home!

noteeth
    Free Member

LA

Long Ashton – the city village of angels… 🙂

The short sharp climb out is always good for sobering up.

andytherocketeer

Cantina, bottom of the Pohorje bike park, Maribor

And Pohorska Kavarna just along the road, for cake/icecream (or a beer)

tang
    Free Member

Llanthony priory after a hard day in the black mountains is always a welcome sight.

Garry_Lager

It’s more a logistical question this time of year, no? It’s winter, 10 pm, and you look like the swamp thing. I’ll be happy with any alehouse where I can stow the bike somewhere safe-ish, with a landlord who’s easy going about mud-men queuing up at the bar.

The Magnet is a good spot if you’re coming back into S Manchester from the Peak – ale beyond repute and theres a heated, enclosed area out back where you can lay the bikes up.

jonnyv
    Free Member

Hitchin-finish at The Highlander for lovely brown beer.Eric and George,top lads both ride and food if needed (part from crisps and nuts) …what else.

Bullet

Ah, at last, a list of locations where nice bikes are left. Saves the thieving scrotes from having to go looking for them I suppose!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The Bank in Keswick
    St Johns in Launceston Tas – the only proper beer pub
    Weldbourgh Hotel (Tas) end of a 18km descent
    Bar Robinson in Morzine – Crap beer and tales of 40ft doubles and 2km gap jumps by about 7pm
    Bright Brewary – Bright Victoria

AyrshireRossco
    Free Member

Glentrool/Kirroughtree = House o Hill
    Fort Bill-shire = Grog and Gruel
    Kinlochleven/Glencoe-shire = The Clachaig

WildHunter2009

Ah the pub in Long Ashton, fond memories of nursing injuries gained riding the legendary Still Woods DH tracks, pretty much opposite the pub. RIP Still Woods.

Perth doesnt really have post ride pubs 🙁 And as most rides finish by 10am… doesnt really feel quite right walking down to the Queens for a pint.

WildHunter2009

For the Chilterns crowd, the Cherry Tree in Stoke Row takes a bit of beating in the summer, King William at Hailey for the view as well though thats more mid-ride.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Post ride Pint Guide…’ is closed to new replies.