Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • post mount question
  • xcretro
    Free Member

I have some is mount forks and am getting some new post mount forks, running hope v4 caliper with 160mm rotor wwhat if any adapter will be required? cheers

mikewsmith
    Free Member

the infamous +0 Post to IS mount I think, made of rocking horse shit and unicorn jizz. After that a 180mm rotor and a Post to IS +20

xcretro
    Free Member

ahh so if i understand your sarcasm correctly the caliper will mount direct to new post mount fork without any adapter and be fine with 160mm rotor? what if I wanted to run a 140mm rotor? tough titty?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not quite, there are some +0 mounts which will do IS to Post with no rotor increase. I assume it’s a base 160mm caliper on IS? If so there is the option of the +0 if you can find it (google it) then after that the next one is a +20mm conversion.
    http://www.hopetech.com/product/mounts/

xcretro
    Free Member

ok so the forks I will be using are post mount! the calipers are post mount! the rotor is 160mm!

will this all simply work without any additional mounts?

forget the is to post! that’s not what I need to know.

I have ordered some new forks and need to know if I can just bolt the caliper staright on to the fork

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ah that would be the critical bit of info missing from the first post!

There are 2 post standards but the other one is very obscure these days.

oxym0r0n

ok so the forks I will be using are post mount! the calipers are post mount! the rotor is 160mm!

forget the is to post! that’s not what I need to know.

I have ordered some new forks and need to know if I can just bolt the caliper staright on to the fork

Yes you can (- probably, unless your new forks are designed to take a minimum of 180 PM – what forks are they?)

xcretro
    Free Member

dt swiss exm 130 so not totally new, but new to me.

oxym0r0n

Yes then 😀

njee20
    Free Member

And you can’t run 140mm rotors on the front of any mountain bike these days. Nor on the rear of most, as post mount gets more common.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘post mount question’ is closed to new replies.