• This topic has 20 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by RicB.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Post going missing – who to speak to
  • RicB

Any posties in the house?

Moved house a few months ago and we’ve noticed quite a bit of our post is not arriving.

No real trend – a few anniversary cards, some magazines, some very dull looking professional journals.

2-3 days a week we get no post, which never happened at our old house.

I suspect a letter to some centralised cs dept at Royal Mail will achieve precisely nothing. We live 2 miles from the depot so I wondered about calling in. Not to kick off but to try and raise the issue with someone who might be able to look into it

Any thoughts?

kayak23

Yeah, do that. Speak to the depot manager.

wwaswas

send some ‘trial’ letters yourself. You can get proof of postage from any post office but they don’t mark the actual envelope to show it’s been done.

posted in different places at different times in a variety of envelope shapes.

see if any go missing and if there’s a pattern, particularly those that look like they may contain birthday/event cards.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wrightyson
    Free Member

Happened to us start of the summer.
    Naughty postie!

I really got concerned when a solicitors letter came opened. Also had some Alton towers tickets go missing, again easily spottable via the sae.

The phone number in the link above is pretty painless but you get zero information as to what actually happens. She could not divulge the outcome of the investigation. However out postman changed about 2 weeks after I escalated it all…

RicB

Thanks all

Tried that number but the office is closed- will try again tomorrow

Wwaswas- great idea with the trial letters! I’ll send a few off this week and see what happens

aP
    Free Member

There is a link on the RM website for complaints, its really hard to find, and if I wasn’t waiting on my cad machine to generate some extractions for tomorrow morning I’d try and find it.
    Essentially, it makes no difference whatsoever, but I don’t need to buy 1st class stamps for a while.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Worried now . Mrs tr didnt send her joystick recorded to use.

Chances of them getting it ……. Worrying

luke
    Free Member

We’ve had loads go missing, a fair bit gets delivered to the wrong address as well and now a fair few coming through in plastic bags saying they have found it’s been tampered.
    Complained to the Post office, local delivery office and online but it’s still happening.

jekkyl

Post going missing – who to speak to

CountZero

Probably being delivered to my place of work by mistake. I handle all the post that comes in, and there is lots of it, so it’s to be expected that there are miss-sorts. Which would be fine, except we regularly get mail addressed to the same places, and when it’s given back to the postie, and taken back to the sorting office, about 100m up the road, it just comes back again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. I’ve had the same handful of letters returned seven times before now, despite me writing, in very large letters, ‘please return to the address ON THE ENVELOPE’, and blacking out the fluorescent dot barcodes. I can’t make up my mind whether it’s incompetence, or just taking the piss.

jon1973
    Free Member

Has your son been running errands for the Mafia?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo-C6AatP7g[/video]

project
    Free Member

Got told last week by a postman last week that due to impending sackings/redundancies, theyre playing the game of if the address isnt properly written or typed and doesnt correspond properley to the address on their round its returned to sender as undeliverable.

They just dont care anymore probably.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

project – Member
    Got told last week by a postman last week that due to impending sackings/redundancies, theyre playing the game of if the address isnt properly written or typed and doesnt correspond properley to the address on their round its returned to sender as undeliverable.

They just dont care anymore probably.

Which beggars the question, “Why does anyone give a return address?”
    ASking for it!

project
    Free Member

Which beggars the question, “Why does anyone give a return address?”
    ASking for it!

So companies who send out crap marketing mail, know if the person is still living at that address same with bank and financial stuff.

also stuff that isnt delivered or cant be returned to the return addres is sent to Belfast of all places and opened, then re delivered to the person who sent it if they can find an address in the letter.

mattsccm
    Free Member

We have stuff missing. We get a lot of other peoples mail as well, Misread addresses or the odd letter bundled in with ours. I assume that ours goes the same way and isn’t reposted.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Or as in our case the postie was a thieving ****!

cp

Got told last week by a postman last week that due to impending sackings/redundancies, theyre playing the game of if the address isnt properly written or typed and doesnt correspond properley to the address on their round its returned to sender as undeliverable

wow, that’s a great way of going about keeping your job. numpties.

aP
    Free Member

TBH I think the RM has been so badly managed for so long that its a surprise to me that we get any post at all.

wwaswas

I see New Zealand is switching to 3 day a week deliveries.

I can’t see there’s much that arrives in the standard post these days that couldn’t wait another day for me to read it, tbh.

core

Speak to someone at the delivery office, but also check your address is recorded correctly on RM website: http://www.royalmail.com/postcode-finder?gear=postcode

RicB

Quick update:

I spoke to the (extremely helpful) depot manager, who said she’d put our address on some sort of closer vigilance for a few weeks. Also bumped into a postie and he admitted they’d struggled a bit with addresses in our area due to new builds going up.

Four weeks later the problem seems fixed 🙂

As a slight aside, it does show how much more productive actually being able to speak to a person is, as opposed to some faceless centralised call centre. Which reminds me; I need to call BT again 🙁

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Post going missing – who to speak to’ is closed to new replies.