Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • post gig drinks in leeds – where?
  • sofaboy73
    Free Member

it’s been years since i’ve been out in leeds, but me and sofagirl are heading over to leeds tomorrow for a gig and staying over in the centre.

where’s good some lively-ish post gig drinks for the middle aged. smokestack always used to be a favourite, is it still open? any other recommendations?

warton
    Free Member

I always liked Mojos.

Memories of a stag do and Angel of Harlem being blasted out on the early hours…

russianbob
    Free Member

Where’s the gig?

Belgrave, Headrow House, North Bar.

ton

Tapped.Boar Lane.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Smokestack is ace, spent many boozy nights in there 🙂

+1 North Bar & Tapped

The Turk’s Head
    Head of Steam
    The Brewery Tap

sofaboy73
    Free Member

thanks for the ideas, will check out some of them

totally forgotten about Mojo, used to be a bit of an institution and faintly surprised it’s still around.

Where’s the gig?

out at the uni (stylus), but we’re staying at the queens so will cab it back in for drinks for ease of access to bed!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Tapped pizza is good. Unless you know what you want, their beer selection is a headache and I always seem to end up choosing something that tastes like bog water.

Luckily there’s loads of decent places around the station/Queens.

johndoh
    Free Member

Head of Steam every time. I had a particularly nice night in there over Christmas when they had a band on playing jazz versions of Christmas songs.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

friday night can be young,

tapped always has good beer, still to get a pizza.

if you like a stong cocktail to blow your head off try Maven near corn exchange, bit of a speakeasy type. rocketfuel

if you like normal cocktails and soulfull old house dj music then the dj in alchemist – trinity centre is usually pretty decent on a friday, and it wont be overly busy, although it is payday weekend for many.

the decanter on park row, small bar but i like it too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.