Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Post exercise malaise
  • edward2000
    Free Member

Anybody else get this? Its not the usual feeling of being tired after some exercise. I ran Friday morning about 8k. Yesterday I had to have a nap half way through mowing the lawn. Its a feeling of extreme fatigue, and absolutely no strength. I can usually deadlift around 140kg, with this post exercise malaise walking up the stairs is exhausting. Its not normal, it gets in the way of life for a few days. It saps all my strength and energy.

Its been happening for as long as i can remember, but it happens sporadically and completely random, only it sometimes (and only) occurs after some exercise.

Anybody got any ideas what causes it and how to treat it?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

If it’s only been happening since around Feb, it could be the horrendous post-exercise fatigue that some Covid catchers have experienced.

burner
    Free Member

Sounds Like could Epstein-Barr Virus.

edward2000
    Free Member

Just to be clear – this has been happening way before Covid. 10/15 years or so.

squadra
    Free Member

Unless it has happening frequently I think it might just be a fairly normal bodily reaction if there’s more important stuff to be dealt with- fighting off an infection for instance.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Overtraining.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Excess masturbation?

trumpton
    Free Member

Try a protein shake straight after exercise and that night.sounds like you are putting a heavy load on your body and its playing catch up. Theres only so much a healthy diet can do.if it does not go away maybe see a gp as you may have a vitamin deficiency at a guess or something else wrong.sounds abnormal to experience it to that degree tbh and it may still or exercise related at other times or not.

asbrooks

Yes, last year. I was in and out of the doctors for various blood tests. I first went to the doctors suspecting lymes disease. Came back negative.

Go to the doctor, get tested for low testosterone, B12 deficiency & Vit D deficiency. I ended up with B12 injections and a high dose of Vit D.
    Feeling much better

crikey
    Free Member

10/15 years or so.

I think it’s safe to say it’s not fatal.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

If you deadlift then it can take a month+ to recover from a hard session. Powerlifters usually take six weeks off to recover from competition.
    The body has a maximum capacity for stress and it doesn’t know the difference between exercise/training stress and general life stress. When you go to the gym you aren’t training your muscles you are training your brain. Lifting weights correctly is a learned skill.
    My best lift was 160kg at 63kg bodyweight, good form, no belt. As I said overtraining.

lunge

In contracts to the above posters, my view is just that it happens.
    I run 70 ish miles per week, along with a circuits class or 2 and a god bike ride or 2.
    Every now and then, seemingly at random I have a day when I’m just shattered. It’ll generally come off the back of a run where I can’t get my heart rate up (Friday I did 6 miles at a reasonable pace and didn’t go over 130bpm). I find if I drink lots of water and eat something sugary then the next day or 2 I’m fine.
    If you’re exercising a lot you’re going to get fatigued days.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Hot weather makes me a bit lathargic. Certainly can’t run in hot weather and cycling becomes more laborious.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Gum disease?prone to viruses?These things have affected me in the past.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Post exercise malaise’ is closed to new replies.