Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Post cycling despression…
  • Kryton57

Does anyone else get this? I knocked up a 100k (road) on my day off yesterday. On a quick visit to the shed this morning I noticed:

a) My road rear tire is flat
    b) My FS is dirty – (didn’t want to put it away wet in minus temps)
    c) My HT is dirty
    d) The Fox fluid is sitting on my workbench awaiting to be used for a seal clean

and to add to that…

e) I know my local trails will be 6 inches of slop now that the snow has melted.

I’m feeling thoroughly depressed as I gaze a the STW calender’s February mountain photo….. anyone else?

cynic-al
    Free Member

You clean your mtbs before riding on dirty trails?

Puncture <5m, sort it!

Speshpaul

100k and a flat when you get back!

That my friend is a result.

Kryton57

Speshpaul – Member
    100k and a flat when you get back!

That my friend is a result.

I wish. I had the flat on the ride. 2 cuts in the tyre, but the innertube only has a slowy so I could ride 15m or so and pump up again – lucky this happend 25m from the end…

teasel
    Free Member

Lovely day for a road blast – fix the roadie and set off. Cafe stop with cake and coffee should take away those post-ride blues…

Kryton57

teasel – Member
    Lovely day for a road blast – fix the roadie and set off. Cafe stop with cake and coffee should take away those post-ride blues…

Better today, than the NE wind yesterday grrr.. Pity I’m working….. 🙁

teasel
    Free Member

Yup, yesterday was a tad windy to say the least. I had a couple of crosswind-induced front wheel twitches doing thirty-odd down a long hill. Butt-clenching stuff!

Today is much better so I’m off out to take advantage, oh yes…

Alejandro
    Free Member

Ha, I get this. For example, when something is seriously broken on my only bike and I can’t ride, or when it’s in a state in general. I’m currently unable to ride due to injury and have something of the sort. I guess when you really love something you end up feeling sad if it’s not working out!

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s February, at least you are riding! You would feel worse if you’d been sat inside eating biscuits.

I was riding my road bike yesterday, it was a bit blowy and I only did 45km – but going out again today and riding MTB tomorrow.

Very happy to be healed and healthy again and able to ride.

Milkie
    Free Member

At least you can ride! I only have to think about riding to get depressed… I have 4-6 weeks until I can ride again… Damn broken little toe!

HeatherBash
    Free Member

I get depressed after 100k on the road.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Post cycling despression…’ is closed to new replies.