Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Post a pic of your OLD bike…!
  • YoGrant
    Free Member

that overburys is lovely. where is she now?

midlifecrashes

Super Galaxy, still running, but now with RSX stis and nice fresh comfy bar tape. 600, Deore, TA, Campag/saturae wheels. Karrimor Kalahari panniers all round

DezB
    Free Member

I think this was 1993. Rock'N'Road (when in Portsmouth) had this bling (for its day!) Principia MacB that they built up and sent to mags for tests.
    When it came back from this review in Cycling Weekly, I bought it for the princely ex-demo price of £1000 (in a few installments!).
    Light? That bike was light!

Frame is hanging in my garage now. Oh and the Hope XC hub off the front wheel is still in full operation on the front wheel of my road bike!

BillyBull
    Free Member

Kuco

88/89

Andy

1993 P7

and a 1998 Explosif

Still have both 🙂

Kit
    Free Member

I had one of these from I guess 1993 until 2004, when mercifully it got pinched. Never saw a bit of offroad in its life! But having it stolen got me into biking so thank you to the cheeky ned who took it 😉

Raleigh Activator (not mine)

stevestunts
    Free Member

I too had a Falcon Pro, upgraded with red Skyway Tuff IIs, ACS Potts Mod brakes and Renthal bars. I've been trying to trace its whereabouts recently, as a friend has convinced me I need to go BMX racing with him.

Sadly I fear the bike may be landfill, as I think it got sold to some family friends, then given back to my dad once their son grew out of it, then sold again.

montylikesbeer

A fair drop of GT out there, where did the boy Gary go wrong.

Mine a GT tequesta as well (blue with purple bars, purfik)

gingerflash

"where did the boy Gary go wrong."
    Richard Long, the business side of GT, died in 1996. The company then merged with Schwinn and went into decline soon after that.

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Skyways Tuff II's now they were great wheels!

Great pics of the Falcon Pro bikes gents. Loving it.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Yo Grant…the Overbury was stolen from my house in summer 92. But was recovered in the autumn of the same year. As I'd already replaced it with a Specialized M2, I sold it on to a fella who lived in Nailsea nr Bristol. I'd love to know it's whereabouts now too. It was custom built for me from Colombus Nivachrom and full Campag.

squin
    Free Member

1990 Pine Mountain. Still ride it. Terrible geometry compared to now-a-days, but some fond memories of adventures on it.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Not too old but I don't have any photos of the older stuff…

2001 P7

slimtubing
    Free Member

squin I had the Eldridge Grade that same year, it did me until '98!
    no pics unfortunately but i loved that bike more than any other i've owned.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

I had one of these as my first proper MTB
    (not mine)

I then had a gt tequester but mine was black withe cant brakes and a cow horn bars.

My Dad still has his and my mums original muddyfox couriers in the cream colour

flamejob
    Free Member

Race bike (during a local XC race)

Training bike (pimped with 'new' '93 graphics and anodised DX)

acjim
    Free Member

Orange Clockwork 1991
    Not mine but very similar (mine had: manitou 2's, tioga revolver cranks then some cook bros bones (?), smoke lites, super narrow x-lite bars, a variety of bar-ends, purple USE post, diacompe 987/ss5) It ended up being pretty light and (in hindsight) pretty damn awful to ride!

flamejob
    Free Member

That's what mine looked like before I umm….. modified it 🙂

Coleman
    Free Member

squin – Loving that Pine Mountain. The rubberised grey paint frame finish was awesome and mega tuff! My first real mtb. Oh! the memories.

squin
    Free Member

Thanks Coleman. now got Trailrakers on for the winter. Can you believe that everything is still original apart from pedals, saddle and now trailrakers? Paint never chipped in all these years and the bike has been well ridden. I only used to wash the frame about once every 6 months and when I did I'd get the scrubbing brush on it.

Slimtubing – The Eldridge Grade was a really nice bike too. My mate had one and like you rode it as his only bike for about 8/9 years. Marin's were crackin bikes back then – still pretty good now-a-days but just have a non fashionable name currently.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Post a pic of your OLD bike…!’ is closed to new replies.