Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Possible to get Sky 1 without Sky, Virgin or BT TV packages?
  • dickydownes
    Free Member

Interested in watching Game of Thrones, Fortitude, Penny Dreadful etc. but don’t want to take on an expensive tv package.

Can you get it for free, cheap etc. on Freesat, YouView etc. ?

yetidave
    Free Member

you can get it on youview, but it costs.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

i pay 35 squid a month for virgin tv / phone / 100 meg BB. Considering 16.99 is on line rental that leaves 18 squid for 100meg BB and TV including sky 1.

I think thats pretty good value to be honest…Sky was going to cost £52 for equivalent package but would only get 20 meg BB.

jon1973
    Free Member

Now TV could be an option if it’s the box sets you’re after.

nickgti
    Free Member

NowTV £6.99 a month on 30 day rolling contract. check Argos they normally sell them with 3 months free entertainment pack

jota180
    Free Member

Can you get it for free,
    Yes, steal it

cheap etc. on Freesat
    no

YouView etc. ?
    yes, but not cheap

buck53

All of those programmes are on Sky Atlantic, not Sky 1. Unless they get repeated on Sky 1?

brakes
    Free Member

I get Sky One with Virgin but it doesn’t have those things on. Sky Atlantic isn’t available on Virgin – I keep seeing these adverts for TV programs with amazing actors in then realising it’s Sky Atlantic and that I can’t watch them.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Show box

superleggero
    Free Member

Got a NowTV box at Christmas for exactly this purpose. Cost was £14.99 for the box and 3 months of the ‘entertainment package’ included (also included an HDMI cable). Entertainment package includes amongst others Sky 1 and Sky Atlantic and you can access the catch up services for these channels. Also includes quite a few box sets. Renewal will be £6.99 per month when initial package expires in March. No contract so opt in or out whenever you want to. Output is HD 720p so a decent picture quality. Works by connecting to the internet wirelessly and streaming to your tv, so you already need to have an unlimited broadband deal.

skids
    Free Member

now tv entertainment pass gives the sky one, sky atlantic, discovery, mtv, nick and some others http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2800150.htm

LMT
    Free Member

I have Virgin TiVo, but have now tv through my ps4 for Sky Atlantic £6.99 a month worth every penny puts my TiVo to shame.

superleggero
    Free Member

The link in skids post is the one I bought – it was on offer from Argos which reduced it by a fiver. Mrs Super and I have been really impressed with it. Has all the programmes you list OP.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Possible to get Sky 1 without Sky, Virgin or BT TV packages?’ is closed to new replies.