Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Possible stolen cotic rocket(Dalkeith/Midlothian) area ?
  • plus-one

Passed a chap on a black cotic/white fox fork around 15:45 today on lugton brae heading towards town.. Think it was full sus(rocket) not 100%

The pilot and bike never looked quite right to me… Clothing etc..

If it was genuine owner out for a spin in civvies I apologise 🙁

Young chap 20,s cream/beige jacket/jeans short fair hair..

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1350532/

Might belong to this chap

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

He posted on here after he was robbed at the Infirmary with his girlfriend.

Dave something, but I cant find the original post.

Anybody know him? Give him a heads up?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Found him I think. Mark – not Dave.

I’ve emailed him.

tacopowell
    Free Member

It’d be great to hear the (Possible) Shit been caught.
    Fingers crossed.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

CWS, any update on yours? Nothing to report here unfortunately…

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Not really. Hope is fading a bit.

plus-one

Looking at link I’m pretty certain that was indeed the bike.. I was at the time contemplating a u-turn but
    With only a hunch it could have been a bit Benny hill !!!

Now I know it’s stolen I’ll be keeping an eye out.. Don’t know if the tea leaf lives in Dalkeith and
    Heading to Gilmerton or Danderhall both close to Hospital or was heading home ??

Maybe he thinks its been long enough to break cover and use it regular( hopefully)

Hope we have a happy ending …

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Great spot by the way!

Chapeau. 8)

Speeder

That bikes definitely been nicked look at the gear cable hanging down like that and no self respecting mountainbiker would ever fit a bottle cage THERE would they?

;o)

Good work fella nice spot. Let’s hope it can lead to something.

mlogie
    Free Member

Hello, I did post some months ago that I’d had my beloved cotic rocket stolen from outside the royal infirmary, and I’d almost given up hope. I still have an outstanding reward for the bike. If you see it, you could call the police and they can take custody of it until I claim it. Alternatively, if you could find out where it’s being kept, I could go myself (with some biker friends) and reclaim it personally. Please keep me posted if you see/hear any more.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Mark: do you have a crime / incident number to quote the police? If not dont worry.

#Edit: And Mark, can you add contact details to your profile, or this post. It was a bit of a quest getting in touch with you.

mlogie
    Free Member

The incident number was 774 on 27th May. I’ll add contact details to my post and profile. Cheers.

plus-one

Mark

I’ll let you know if I see it or can find anything out.. Reckon direct action required if its spotted again
    Don’t think he’ll hang about till the police come 🙁

andrewh
    Free Member

no self respecting mountainbiker would ever fit a bottle cage THERE would they?

😳 http://andrewhowett.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/couple-of-thank-yous.html
    What direct action did you have in mind PlusOne? I would merely suggest following him home and reporting it, unless you come across it unattended.
    This site never ceases to amze me, 5 months on and someone spots a bike nicked from a fellow forumite, nice work!

plus-one

Nothing violent(unfortunately) that’s against the law…. Thought of confronting yoof hoping he would drop bike and scarper(best case scenario) But if he just rides away the bike may go to ground again and never be seen 🙁

So yes a follow home would be best bet 🙂

wheeleeneelee
    Free Member

I saw what I reckon was a black Cotic Rocket with an ‘unusual rider’ this morning. I remembered one was stolen from RIE and I searched the forum and found this thread. I saw it this morning 7.45am ish south of Edinburgh Bypass heading in opposite direction to what OP saw – towards Lugton Brae.

mlogie
    Free Member

Thanks for the message. I’ve headed out that direction a few times but no luck so far. I just need to find out where he keeps it and then I can call the police to reclaim it. Thanks for keeping an eye out.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I saw somebody on a Cotic Rocket tonight about 5.30pm. Rider fitted the description above. He was on the A7 cyclepath near Lowes fruit farm heading towards Danderhall.

rickmeister

Great work folks, hope it works out to be the missing bike…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I think we should have a mass STW Scotland stakeout. Complete with beer, barbecues and bombers!.

mlogie
    Free Member

Great that people are still spotting my bike. I still haven’t seen it in my visits. Hopefully I’m able to spot it, or someone is able to locate it soon.
    If I get it back I’ll definitely be hosting a bikers bbq as a thank you for all the support I’ve received from the biking community.

plus-one

Matter of time I reckon .. I’ve started leaving for work bit earlier and lingering on way out Dalkeith-sheriffhall in case I spot it !!

Fingers crossed a happy ending ain’t far away 🙂

Lester
    Free Member

Just a thought, if it is the stolen bike, how would you know that was the scrote that stole it?
    when i look in the for sale forums, rarely do i see anyone ask if the seller has proof he came by it legally. i have also bought stuff and not asked if it is the sellers legal property. a pretty grey area that we either hope for the best, choose to ignore or go by gut feeling

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If the serial number matches, then surely the OP would get it back, whether it was sold on or not?

mlogie
    Free Member

The police told me that even if it gets sold on, they can reclaim it. This is unfortunate for the person who bought it, but hopefully he would be able to identify the person he bought it from.

Gnnr

I live in Portobello and work near the hospital. Eyes peeled, good luck!

Northwind

Very old post, but, I bumped into Mark at the weekend on a familiar looking Rocket, he got it back :mrgreen: I instantly forgot the details of the recovery as I was kind of shattered but nice to have a happy ending I thought

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Great stuff!. 😀

plus-one

Excellent !!!!! 🙂

matther01
    Free Member

Result 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

Great news 🙂

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Hurrah!

matt_outandabout

8)

wwaswas

🙂

be good to get an update on here, everyone wants the details I expect.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Possible stolen cotic rocket(Dalkeith/Midlothian) area ?’ is closed to new replies.